PDA

View Full Version : AKo turn c/r with TPTK

Willluck
08-12-2005, 02:15 AM
MP is 60/22/1.6
Party 3/6 (6-max) 5 players

Dealt to Hero [ Kh, Ac ] in BB

1 fold, MP calls, 1 fold, SB calls, Hero raises, everyone calls.

Flop: [ 6s, Th, Js ] (6 SB)

SB bets, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: [ Kc ] (6.5 BB)

Hero checks, MP bets, Hero raises, MP 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: [ As ] (12.5 BB)

Hero checks, MP bets, Hero calls.

totally standard???

bank
08-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Preflop and flop look fine. I bet/call this turn.

Drontier
08-12-2005, 02:22 AM
Im pretty sure I donk/call this river

wackjob
08-12-2005, 02:25 AM
I think its a mistake to not bet this turn. You can't guarantee that hes gonna bet and a free card here = awful.

Lmn55d
08-12-2005, 02:34 AM
I would call the flop instead of raising. I don't think you get a free card enough and I think you get 3bet too often to make a raise correct, although I haven't played in the 3/6 games. In the 5/10 and 10/20 games I definitely think a call is better.

On the turn, I would check call for a few reasons. If MP isn't a maniac, it looks like he has something like TJ, a set of 6s, JK, JQ, KQ, a slowplayed overpair, or possibly a spade draw. You are only ahead of JQ, KQ, and the spade draw (which might be a king high spade draw anyway). I think this player will usually bet the turn with the hands you are ahead of anyway, so a free card isn't a huge concern. I guess J9 or other hands are possible, and if you think he'd check through with these hands betting becomes a better option. Also you need to call a 3bet. Check/raising is the worst option, behind both check/calling and bet/calling. If I checkcalled this turn I would bet the A river.

MrEngenic
08-12-2005, 07:16 AM
Why do you raise the flop? How many outs do you think you have?