PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone

mantra21
08-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Just wanted to post and say thank you for all the great content in this forum. This is my first post in the 1-table tourney forum but I've been pouring over all the strategy guides and hand posts for awhile now.

After becoming increasingly frustrated with small stakes limit holdem I decided to try out Sit n Go's and have been pleased with the results so far. I know its a very small sample size but it actually feels like I'm "getting somewhere."

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1140/pt6va.jpg

What is a realistic goal for ITM and ROI for the 10+1 Party game?

Thanks again,
Mantra21

citanul
08-12-2005, 01:44 AM
I'll go ahead and be the one that will take credit for all of your success.

Hopefully ReadTheFAQ won't see your post.

Your ITM is great, your ROI can work up to the mid/upper 30s, is the reasonable goal.

citanul

lorinda
08-12-2005, 01:45 AM
The numbers you have look just right in terms of what you "should" be getting.

Although it's a very small sample, and you can throw the ROI due to sample size. It does appear that your ITM is high enough that you are likely to be a long term winner.

Goal setting for ITM and ROI is a dangerous and depressing business in SNGs, but if you can maintain your current numbers for quite a lot longer, you should be very happy with yourself.

Lori

mlagoo
08-12-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your ITM is great, your ROI can work up to the mid/upper 30s, is the reasonable goal.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeesh. this might be setting someone up for failure. despite them being the 11s, I think expecting an ROI of over 30 is a bit wild. Just be happy if you can maintain an ROI in the mid-high 20s.

citanul
08-12-2005, 02:03 AM
he said goal didn't he?

mlagoo
08-12-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he said goal didn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

reach for the stars /images/graemlins/cool.gif

citanul
08-12-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he said goal didn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i always reach for the party.

bluefeet
08-12-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he said goal didn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i always reach for the party.

[/ QUOTE ]

...i guess so. what happened to you possibly joining the 2+2 game last night?

citanul
08-12-2005, 02:17 AM
i went out, did some shopping, then hit up a place for dinner on the way home. i ate a rack of ribs and then went into a food coma when i got home.

citanul

Myst
08-12-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Goal setting for ITM and ROI is a dangerous and depressing business in SNGs, but if you can maintain your current numbers for quite a lot longer, you should be very happy with yourself.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I.e. the true long term profit margin is a lot smaller than what everyone else thinks.

citanul
08-12-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I.e. the true long term profit margin is a lot smaller than what everyone else thinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually lori's post in no way says what you said.

Myst
08-12-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually lori's post in no way says what you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it does. Goal setting is depressing because often times you fail to reach your profit goals when playing Sngs. Unless you are one of those rare types who gets depressed for exceeding your goals and expectations, then obviously there is only one possible way to construe that statement.

citanul
08-12-2005, 03:15 AM

still however, lori's post does not say that anyone else's quoted figures of possible profit margins are in any way incorrect. she says that setting goals is a dangerous business, and that he should be happy if he maintains making the amount he is. that doesn't mean that more is impossible, it just means that he's making quite a nice chunk of coin.

The Yugoslavian
08-12-2005, 03:26 AM
Don't thank us...

Thank her!!!!!

http://people.freenet.de/tux_home_02/originalimages/Tux31_175_Josie_Maran.jpg

Yugoslav

Myst
08-12-2005, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

still however, lori's post does not say that anyone else's quoted figures of possible profit margins are in any way incorrect. she says that setting goals is a dangerous business, and that he should be happy if he maintains making the amount he is. that doesn't mean that more is impossible, it just means that he's making quite a nice chunk of coin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made an inference. Go shoot me. Haha.