PDA

View Full Version : Bodog cuts pts earned from tourney fees (x-post from BW.com)

Benholio
08-12-2005, 01:32 AM
As Ben (not me) reported on the BonusWhores.com forum (http://www.bonuswhores.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12836), Bodog tourney fees only earn 3 points per dollar now (down from 6). This means that when clearing a bonus, you only get 100% of your tourney entry in bonus dollars instead of 200%.

Too bad! Was good while it lasted..

Brice
08-12-2005, 01:43 AM
I was about to throw some money in there as well.

thesharpie
08-12-2005, 05:55 AM
Time to switch to pokerstars.

TylerD
08-12-2005, 07:13 AM
d'oh, i got a few hundred out of them though. 100% is rakeback is still pretty good though.

jmgurgeh
08-12-2005, 02:03 PM
If that's true then I'm taking my deposit out. I grabbed the vegaspokerpro.com bonus for a $50 certificate after 250 raked hands, and then found out there's almost no limit traffic at low limits there. I figured I might at least work off my deposit bonus playing SnGs, but screw this, I'm outta there.

playersare
08-12-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If that's true then I'm taking my deposit out. I grabbed the vegaspokerpro.com bonus for a $50 certificate after 250 raked hands, and then found out there's almost no limit traffic at low limits there. I figured I might at least work off my deposit bonus playing SnGs, but screw this, I'm outta there.

[/ QUOTE ]
that's shortsighted. 100% rebate on SNG fees is still tied for the best in the online poker industry (along with Poker Stars). if you need more limit ring game action, you'll find more people playing evenings and weekends, especially with football season coming up.

flafishy
08-12-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was about to throw some money in there as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, what's wrong with 100% rakeback? It's not 200%, granted, but still you're playing for free. It was bound to happen. The 200% did its job -- in increased traffic for them. You couldn't expect that it would last forever.

Now instead of it being the best deal out there, it's only tied for the best (with Poker Stars). But because this bonus is still unlimited (as opposed to infrequent at Poker Stars), and the players here are so bad (much worse than at Poker Stars), the scale is still tipped heavily toward Bodog.

Benholio
08-12-2005, 04:54 PM
The 200% rebate was good enough to make it worthwhile despite the limited game selection and 3 table limit. 100% rebate is still good, but not good enough to make up for those factors for a volume SNG player.

They do have good MTT's, though, so if you like playing there for the MTT's the bonus is still not bad.