PDA

View Full Version : life. *DELETED*

gorie
08-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Post deleted by gorie

technologic
08-11-2005, 11:17 PM
i think this is more of a philosophy post?

08-11-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

do you want to have children some day ? i have a hard time picturing myself ever having kids. but at the same time it almost seems like i owe it to them, whoever they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't owe it to your future kids that you have them, because that makes no sense at all. Kids don't exist until they are created. If you adopt instead then there is nothing wrong with that.

08-11-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a hard time really accepting the idea of never existing at all

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because it's logically impossible and humans can't understand something that isn't logical.

Why is this in oot? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ponks
08-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Too busy living life to think about all this.

Ponks

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm puzzled (and not wearing pants).

Saddlepoint
08-11-2005, 11:22 PM
1) You've theoretically denied trillions of kids that opportunity. And the problem with the logic of what you're talking about is that you've got no frame of reference. Life is good compared to, what, "not life"? You weren't talking about the enjoyable aspects of life in your post, you were talking about existence. Which is good like the universe is big. Not trying to be antagonistic, just saying.

2) Philosophy forum, don't you think?

Edit: Now I feel bad. It was a very interesting thought, I didn't really care what forum it was in.

gorie
08-11-2005, 11:30 PM
hey gorie.
philosophy forum.

idiot!

IndieMatty
08-11-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey gorie.
philosophy forum.

idiot!

[/ QUOTE ]

this would have been fine in OOT

Nottom
08-11-2005, 11:35 PM
http://www.quakeroats.com/qfb_OurBrands/images/ProductArray/Life.jpg

Yummy, I prefer original myself.

08-11-2005, 11:36 PM
gorie you [censored] rule!!!!! post away baby!

gorie
08-11-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gorie you [censored] rule!!!!! post away baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're pretty cool yourself, you piece of [censored].

Stuey
08-11-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think this is more of a philosophy post?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same question can get different answers depending on where it is posted. Like this post since it is in oot makes me want to say.....

Yup i get your drift there. I get to thinking like this sometimes also. A little scary, but still happy to be here, and it makes me laugh. I call it slappy! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

All questions don't need answers some just need to be heard or listened to.

cbfair
08-11-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i feel really lucky to be alive and have the chance to experience life. it is a crazy think to think about and seems so hard to fully appreciate.

i have a hard time really accepting the idea of never existing at all. it is the saddest thought ever. it could have been so easy for any of us to not exist. with every life that exists, there has to be an infinity of lives that will never exist.

how can you thank your parents enough for creating you ?

what do you like to believe happens when you die ? do you like the idea of just "turning off" , or would you prefer the thought of your soul living on , somehow ?

do you want to have children some day ? i have a hard time picturing myself ever having kids. but at the same time it almost seems like i owe it to them, whoever they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I'm not surprised that others here don't appreciate the beauty of this sentiment; but thanks for posting it here instead of philosophy or any other forum, because this is where I read it.

The idea that I dont, strictly speaking, have to have ever existed has occurred to me several times over the years and I'm deeply grateful to be here.

My wife and I are expecting our first child right now and it's really surreal for me to slowly come to terms with the fact that there's a real life in there. She's almost 4 months pregnant now and just starting to show; tonight I put my hand on her belly for the first time and noticed that I began to relate to her pregnancy differently. Even though I don't yet know the gender of our baby or any other specific details (10 fingers, 10 toes and such), I do know that the life in there was created in a single moment and that it is unique. This is an inspiring thought.

cbfair
08-11-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by gorie

[/ QUOTE ]

Gorie, I'm sorry you were intimidated by people who are obvously beneath you. People act as if this single thread in the midst of so much useless banter somehow detracts from their ability to play the part of LCD. It's sad that people reacted like children when faced with your post, but I'm not surprised.

I am surprised and a little dissapointed that you backed down so quickly. I, for one, respect your approach and hope you continue to post as you see fit. This is OOT and should have plenty of room for all ideas and styles; yours is humorous and intelligent and a refreshing respite from so much banal crap we see here.

gorie
08-12-2005, 12:05 AM
thanks cbfair. i liked reading your reply.

it was just a random thought really. i deleted my post because i didn't feel like reading comments about me posting in the wrong forum in 50% of the replies.

it's not a big deal though, i did post it here for a reason.

then again i can also appreciate mozart after listening to danzig 'mother' when i have my mp3s on random.

kerssens
08-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Wow, I was tired, now I'm wide awake.

kerssens
08-12-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, another thread killed by kerssens. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

gorie
08-12-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i killed the thread about appreciating life for the sake of existance , by deleting it.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kerssens
08-12-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i killed the thread about appreciating life for the sake of existance , by deleting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, but I was able to read it after you deleted it because someone quoted it so you only wounded it, I finished it off.

gorie
08-12-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, but I was able to read it after you deleted it because someone quoted it so you only wounded it, I finished it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was trying to be funny. get it ? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kerssens
08-12-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah! Deleted = killed.. I was also trying to be funny and I actually made myself chuckle a little, which doesn't happen often. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

smokingrobot
08-12-2005, 12:28 AM
i guess we now know the rules of the hoi polloi. "no posts of any serious nature allowed"

i guess i'll switch my intervention post to general poker theory.

although i can see why people say it should be in philosophy, however, that seems more of a debate forum and less of a look back and relect forum...

ChipWrecked
08-12-2005, 12:30 AM
I have a girl who will be two next month. She is smart, happy, strong, blah blah, I could go on and on.

She also got a strong dose of "[censored] You" from somewhere. Her mom and I both have a streak of it. It's making the 'terrible twos' stage pretty hard on us.

My point is, when you do have a child, and I believe you will... hmmm. Many of your questions will be answered. You look at this little being; as she develops, you see some of yourself there. You see some of her father (mother). You watch her discover her self.

I drifted through life not really appreciating existence for quite a while. Now, though, even though I'm not any closer to answers, I don't really need them any more. When I look into her eyes, and she smiles at me, it's all OK.

OtisTheMarsupial
08-12-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm puzzled (and not wearing panties).

[/ QUOTE ]
wow. same here.

08-12-2005, 12:37 AM
is that kangaroo aware you're displaying a picture of him in a public forum?

gorie
08-12-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah! Deleted = killed.. I was also trying to be funny and I actually made myself chuckle a little, which doesn't happen often. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
i meant the irony of it ! but you probably knew that and i'm just explaining myself for no reason.

at least we amuse ourselves.

i made chili for supper and referred to it as cereal at one point by accident. i laughed about it to myself longer than i should have.

kerssens
08-12-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i meant the irony of it ! but you probably knew that and i'm just explaining myself for no reason.

at least we amuse ourselves.

i made chili for supper and referred to it as cereal at one point by accident. i laughed about it to myself longer than i should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever put the milk back in the cupboard or put a cereal box in the dishwasher?.....yo. I've also poured a bowl of cereal and almost put it back in the fridge instead of the milk.

Stuey
08-12-2005, 12:47 AM
Post deleted by Stuey

gorie
08-12-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by Stuey

[/ QUOTE ]
deep.

gorie
08-12-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've also poured a bowl of cereal and almost put it back in the fridge instead of the milk.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, stuff like that rules. that made me laugh.

ChipWrecked
08-12-2005, 01:07 AM
"The Unbearable Lightness of Being Gorie" /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mason Hellmuth
08-12-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is that kangaroo aware you're displaying a picture of him in a public forum?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well done. Get an avatar.

TimM
08-12-2005, 04:53 AM
I want this.

TheIrishThug
08-12-2005, 09:42 AM
i've poured cereal into my glass instead of the bowl. and then somehow managed to do it again, after i had emptied the glass into the bowl. must not have gotten enough sleep that night.