PDA

View Full Version : $50NL and raising pfr% : when is enough enough

Biggenx
08-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Ok, so i've gone from about 2.3% to about 4% since i started my transformation from a TPA to a TAA.

Right now, i'm not sure i feel comfortable raising with more than 4% of my preflop hands. Should i stay where i'm at or continue my efforts to raise my pfr%?

Also, since i started trying to play more aggressive about three days ago, i've made so much money so quickly during my sessions that i couldn't help but take the money and run. I've been anything but a luck-box during my poker 'career' so i get really paranoid when i actually start catching cards.

I've read that in no circumstances should you leave a +EV table just because you want to end the day in the positive. So i hope i get over this bad habit the more i get used to my new aggressive strategy.

mother_brain
08-11-2005, 10:31 PM
6max or full?

BZ_Zorro
08-11-2005, 10:40 PM
Raise whatever you feel comfortable raising. It really doesn't matter that much at 25 and 50. I've killed the game with 2% PFR. They just don't notice. The biggest winner in my database at 100NL, by far, has a PF raise of 1.6%.

[ QUOTE ]
I've read that in no circumstances should you leave a +EV table just because you want to end the day in the positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is garbage. Read the latest article in this month's magazine. Mark Blade is falling over himself retracting his previous statement and makes some good points in the process.
Why Money Management May Work for You in Some Cases (http://www.twoplustwo.com/magazine/current/blade0805.html)

DWarrior
08-11-2005, 10:58 PM
In "Caro's Funademtal Secrets of Winning Poker" Mike Caro gives a list of reasons when a player should leave the table. As I remember correctly, it's a pretty comprehensive list of criteria. I don't remember the list verbatim now, but it takes into consideration almost everything (except Mark Blade's "if you die tomorrow" idea). If you really want to know when to leave the table, go to a bookstore and just flip through the book and find it, it's really good.