PDA

View Full Version : Tell me how bad i play?

mother_brain
08-11-2005, 10:08 PM
NL 100 6-max (5 handed)

<font color="blue"> my thoughts are after the hand concersion. </font>

Hero SB w/ $88
Villian BB w/ $98

UTG limps, everybody folds to me. I complete with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, BB checks.

Flop ($3) 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check, Villian bets 6, UTG folds, I call.

Turn ($15) 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check, Villian bets $4, I CR to 25, villian cusses (i imagine) and calls

River ($65) J /images/graemlins/club.gif
I bet $40, Villian calls.

I really don't know if this hand is good, bad, or ugly. I have been working on making some moves rather than playing so pasively. I don't think the turn raise is terrible, i expected him to fold, but figured that if my diamond came i had a chance to have it pretty well disguised since he obviously liked his hand to make the call. The river was my miracle card that made my hand for me. This was good because I wasn't going to like taking Queen high to showdown.

imported_anacardo
08-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Shoulda bet the flop.

SideCash
08-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I like this play depending on opponent. If he can lay down TPTK this it is a great move. If he's a calling station well then maybe not... What was your table image and would this guy have even noticed?

mother_brain
08-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Yeah i'm trying to start posting a hand everynight, i need to mark down the table image and stats stuff for this. As for this hand i can't really recall.

pokerjoker
08-11-2005, 11:52 PM
2x pot bet on flop? i dont know what to make of that. i figure you won this and beat a pretty shitty player with a pair of 10s. nice hand

08-12-2005, 12:02 AM
I've been rereading the chapter in TOP on semi-bluffs and at 100nl and below I thinking c/r semi-bluffs like this should be rather exceptional based on opponent reads. Semi-bluffs = good because they give you three ways to win: (1) a better hand folds (2) on a later street when a scare card comes you can make a better hand fold (3) you hit one of your outs and win. If two out of three of those are rare in your game (i.e. you have no fold equity), why semi-bluff? Do you have enough pot equity to raise for value (serious question: see my location)?

kongo_totte
08-12-2005, 12:18 AM
Bet or check-fold flop. Call the turn when he gives you the odds. I don't hate the check-raise if you know he can fold TP though. BTW, if you check-call turn, don't go crazy on the river if you hit. His line indicates he might be on another flush draw.

08-12-2005, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, if you check-call turn, don't go crazy on the river if you hit. His line indicates he might be on another flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree...given how super loose most 6max NL players are, we can assume they would have raised just about every suited ace in that spot, leaving you with only the king to worry about

08-12-2005, 12:43 AM
I would check raise the flop and lead out on the turn.

mother_brain
08-12-2005, 01:59 AM
yeah he called with 10 J. I see why he called my raise now. The poor bastard hit his two pair on the river.