PDA

View Full Version : Bet after missed flop poll!

Percussion
08-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Who here always never or sometimes bets out after a missed flop with AK, or TT (overcards)

08-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm usually checking and folding with overcards on the board. If the person betting has whatever they're representing, they have me beat. If not, eventually they're going to bluff at the wrong pot. With AK it depends. If there is a low pair on the flop for example, an Ace kicker may be enough to win it. I may place an information bet at this point if I'm in early position and see if I get re-raised.

08-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Heh, this just happened to me in a play game on UB. Here's what I did.

Ultimate Bet (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of 5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB (poster) calls, BB calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB calls.

Final Pot:

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 2h 2c (two pair, threes and twos).
UTG doesn't show.
MP1 has 4h 4d (full house, fours full of threes).
CO has 5s 9s (two pair, nines and threes).
Outcome: MP1 wins . </font>

wadea
08-12-2005, 12:02 AM
Of course, this always depends primarily on two things:

1) Did I take the lead before the flop?
2) How many opponents are still in the hand?

-w.a.

kasey2004
08-12-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-w.a.

[/ QUOTE ]

precisely.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

08-12-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-w.a.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!

Depends on the flop and the table/players...but if I raised PF and had 1 or 2 callers including the BB then I am absolutely going to bet. 4 out of 5 times I will win the pot right there.

Onaflag
08-12-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-w.a.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo!

Depends on the flop and the table/players...but if I raised PF and had 1 or 2 callers including the BB then I am absolutely going to bet. 4 out of 5 times I will win the pot right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, dumb poll. There is only one correct answer to it. Anyone who answered anything else needs to do some more reading.

Onaflag..........

Xhad
08-12-2005, 06:10 PM
If six people saw the flop, you should either believe there is a chance you have the best hand or have some sort of draw if you're going to bet. Betting out with K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif after the flop comes A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif is a leak.

In limit, if you're heads-up and it's checked to you, you should almost always continue your aggression unless your opponent is so tight you are sure he has a hand he can call with, OR you have a weak draw that you would hate to be check-raised off of. Otherwise you're giving up too many easy pots.

This poll is an easy "it depends".

NYCNative
08-12-2005, 06:49 PM
Against one opponent, I will almost always make a continuation bet no mater how bad the flop looks. If I raise with 99 and get one caller, I will CB a flop that coms AKQ. Why? What if villain has TT? My CB will probably win this pot for me since it's hard for villain to call that bet.

Against more than one opponent, I am less likely to do so but will still do it with a raggy flop that seems unlikely to have helped anyone.

Reef
08-13-2005, 04:26 AM
You bet an UI AK into 7 other players on that board?!