PDA

View Full Version : Any XML & Poker Experts In Here?

TomCollins
08-11-2005, 09:05 PM
I'm trying to put together a schema for Hand Histories. I know a little bit about XML, but have never made a schema before. Anyone in here know anything and want to help out some?

PM me or reply to this message if interested.

pokergrader
08-12-2005, 02:46 AM
I spent a few hours drafting something like this when working with PokerGrader. And IMHO, you would be wasting a lot of time developing something that has no chance of being adopted.

TheTROLL
08-12-2005, 03:18 AM
This (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/) is an excellent tutorial. Happy to help with it, just post here if you get stuck.

OrcaDK
08-12-2005, 12:12 PM
Making an XML schema would be anything but a waste of time. Admitted, you won't get any sites to use it though.

I myself used an internal XML schema when i made a HH parser some time ago. I several plugins that simply read the sites HH and converted it to the uniformly XML format that i had specified. In that way my HH parser would only have to think about one format, and users could easily write plugins to support new formats.

TomCollins
08-12-2005, 03:13 PM
This is the idea I had.

I can make a universal hand history reader, and if I want to read a new site, I just write a new plugin.

Plus, even if it just forces me to become much better at this, it would be great.

MagicMan08
08-12-2005, 08:59 PM
I really wish I had some programming skills, I mean I have had ideas for programs that no one else would ever use, but to me they were awesome ideas and I would use them a lot ya know. Plus if only you use the program, and no one else, and you improve just from programming it, thats great. Def. +ev

TheTROLL
08-13-2005, 05:51 AM
So post the ideas... you never know!