PDA

View Full Version : TPTK $109. WT F**k?

Jman28
08-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t1185)
UTG+2 (t1055)
MP1 (t995)
MP2 (t975)
MP3 (t975)
CO (t955)
Button (t960)
SB (t950)
Hero (t975)
UTG (t975)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t125, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t95.

Flop: (t390) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets All-in</font>, MP3 calls All-in, Hero ...

vinyard
08-11-2005, 08:32 PM
Maybe I am grossly overestimating the play of the 109ers but I think a call here would be awful. I don;t think the second all in can be a hand much worse than your own with pocket AAs, a set of Kings (or Tens) also as strong possibilities.

Ryendal
08-11-2005, 08:39 PM
I auto-call there.
I hope he is on a semi flush bluff, or another garbage. I am only worried about the trip, but the all-in appears awful for me with such hand.

Jman28
08-11-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I auto-call there.
I hope he is on a semi flush bluff, or another garbage. I am only worried about the trip, but the all-in appears awful for me with such hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You notice there's a caller too, right?

KingDan
08-11-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I auto-call there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hoping he has a flush draw is no better than pushing your PP 'hoping' he has overcards.

FWIW I really like a push preflop.

Ryendal
08-11-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I auto-call there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was only afraid of the raiser. I imagine the first one slowplay a trip T, but in my evaluations, all in all I think we are ahead in the most part.
I can be wrong, I am learning here too.

Benholio
08-11-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

I auto-call there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was only afraid of the raiser. I imagine the first one slowplay a trip T, but in my evaluations, all in all I think we are ahead in the most part.
I can be wrong, I am learning here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, you can be even MORE afraid of callers than raisers. When someone is first to raise, bluffing is always a possibility, so it widens their range of hands. Callers will almost always have either a made hand or a great draw.

With 2 players in the hand, sure, either one of them could have just a flush draw or something bad, but the chances of BOTH of them having a bad hand isn't very good. If by some chance both players have a draw/bad hand, we will win this hand maybe slightly over 50% of the time, but if either player is already ahead of us, we will win 0-15% of the time usually.

Ryendal
08-11-2005, 09:32 PM
HOOOO my MISTAKE, I was totally out. I thought the first one check was the opponent, and that you had to react to only one all-in...

Sorry, for that !

Ryendal
08-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, it's not at all the same hand now.

It's not an autocall, but an autofold. Your best hope would be that the second raiser get AK too.

Well it's a very clear fold here ...

NO ?

suited_ace
08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Auto-muck. Even if you're ahead, it's not worth the risk in level 2. Kind of the same thing our favorite kid did with that AJ hand.

AA suited
08-11-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t1185)
UTG+2 (t1055)
MP1 (t995)
MP2 (t975)
MP3 (t975)
CO (t955)
Button (t960)
SB (t950)
Hero (t975)
UTG (t975)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t125, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t95.

Flop: (t390) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets All-in</font>, MP3 calls All-in, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

FOLD!

I'm not worried about the raiser. I put him on a draw.

The caller is what scares me. What could he have cold called with preflop? Ak? TT? KK? AA?

It's early in the tourny. i'm not confident that tptk is any good.

w/o any reads, I'd pick a better spot to risk all my chips at lvl2.

of course if you have a read that the caller is a donk, then call.

What did they have?

AA suited
08-11-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Auto-muck. Even if you're ahead, it's not worth the risk in level 2. Kind of the same thing our favorite kid did with that AJ hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

favorite kid?

runner4life7
08-11-2005, 09:40 PM
I get really angry at first, force myself to fold, and then smile after seeing that the fold was an easy fold.

raptor517
08-11-2005, 09:43 PM
this hand perfectly shows the difference between the 1k and the 800 chip games. in an 800 chip game you can shove this pf. in a 1k u cant. as for the hand itself.. sometimes i even fold to the original raise and call.. but i would fold with 2 pushes in front of me for sure. holla

Jman28
08-11-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get really angry at first,

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really just confused. Not too angry.

[ QUOTE ]
force myself to fold,

[/ QUOTE ]

Check. did this part.

[ QUOTE ]
and then smile after seeing that the fold was an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I did the exact opposite of this.

runner4life7
08-11-2005, 09:57 PM
I was starting to figure that you had them beat, but I still think I fold this everytime even at the 33s which Im not sure if that is still right there. I am curious what they had though.

Jman28
08-11-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was starting to figure that you had them beat, but I still think I fold this everytime even at the 33s which Im not sure if that is still right there. I am curious what they had though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a fold. I just didn't know what to put them on.

The pusher had AJs hearts, for the draw. He was called by QQ.

AA suited
08-11-2005, 10:05 PM
n/m.. u posted 2 min b4 i posted /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Misfire
08-11-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this hand perfectly shows the difference between the 1k and the 800 chip games. in an 800 chip game you can shove this pf. in a 1k u cant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on this?

raptor517
08-11-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this hand perfectly shows the difference between the 1k and the 800 chip games. in an 800 chip game you can shove this pf. in a 1k u cant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you elaborate on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily THE difference, but A difference. in an 800 chip game, you can get away with shoving here because with your fold equity and their likely ranges of hands, its a +ev play. with 1k chips.. its much closer to being a marginal shove.. though i wouldnt relaly hate it if someone did it. holla

Misfire
08-12-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in an 800 chip game, you can get away with shoving here because with your fold equity and their likely ranges of hands, its a +ev play. with 1k chips.. its much closer to being a marginal shove.. though i wouldnt relaly hate it if someone did it. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally play on UB, which is 1500 chips and 10 minute blinds. If that were the case with this hand, would it be -EV to push AK here?

I'm asking because even with the different chip/blind structure I've been more or less sticking to Aleo's guide (which says it's OK push AK into a raise).

raptor517
08-12-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in an 800 chip game, you can get away with shoving here because with your fold equity and their likely ranges of hands, its a +ev play. with 1k chips.. its much closer to being a marginal shove.. though i wouldnt relaly hate it if someone did it. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally play on UB, which is 1500 chips and 10 minute blinds. If that were the case with this hand, would it be -EV to push AK here?

I'm asking because even with the different chip/blind structure I've been more or less sticking to Aleo's guide (which says it's OK push AK into a raise).

[/ QUOTE ]

heres a similar argument. say you are playing 1-2 NL and have 150 bucks in front of you. you get dealt QQ utg. you ahve lots of options. limp, raise, shove, whatever. you decide to shove. now, you assume you will ONLY be called by AA and KK and AKs. is this a profitable push? is there a better way to play? definitely. thats all im saying with the shove of AK. since the stacks are deeper, there are better ways to play the hand. with 1500 chips, its even more true. holla

Newt_Buggs
08-12-2005, 07:26 PM
I fold this, but I don't think that it is as easy as some posters suggest. The only things that really beat you here are AA, TT, and 77. It would be strange for the original raiser to open push with either of these 3 hands, and the caller could easily have a weaker K. I would have still folded though too.