PDA

View Full Version : HoH1: AKo in early position at Lvl2 (p.305)-> Bet 4-5BB?! I disagree..

AA suited
08-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Harrington seems to favor betting hard w/AK when you're out of position early in a tourny. Then follow up with a continuation bet (most of the time).

If your cont bet gets called, you're through w/the hand unless you catch something on the turn.

Lets do the math:
if you bet out 120 and get a non-blind caller, that's 285 in the pot. (i'm no longer following the example in the book where the player doesnt listen to Harrington and just min raises.)

Cont bet = ~150.

if you started with 1000 chips (ie: 50+5), you're down to 730 at lvl2 if you don't win.

If you do take the pot, you win 165.

Early in my 50+5 career, i usually end up with 730 chips much more often than not.

yes, even the 55's, people call my 1/2pot bet all the time on middle/low/pocket pair or even gut draws.

and it gets even more expensive if there's 2 callers.

What line works for you when you have ak out of position early in a SnG?

raptor517
08-11-2005, 08:13 PM
back when the games were really good, i would just limp ak in ep. now i juice it pot in any position. if theres one limper lvl 1, i make it 70 auto. if im utg, i make it 55. pot pot pot. sometimes i cont bet, sometimes i dont. depends on the player and the texture of the board. holla

NiR
08-11-2005, 08:32 PM
FOLD!!. i dont play AK early position.limp if suited.

Ryendal
08-11-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
back when the games were really good, i would just limp ak in ep. now i juice it pot in any position. if theres one limper lvl 1, i make it 70 auto. if im utg, i make it 55. pot pot pot. sometimes i cont bet, sometimes i dont. depends on the player and the texture of the board. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you don't use a lot of ship on AK at level 1
But How do you do it at level 2 ?
You have to put more money in I guess