PDA

View Full Version : Is this crazy? 5/10 4-way pot.

Chr
08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
5/10 max 1000 online

4 limpers to me on button with 76o. I raise to $65, blinds fold, ultra tight player call, shortstack moves in with his last $122 (sigh), fish calls $128, one fold.

Pot is now 330, so I call $67 more, not very happy with the all-in player, tight player calls too.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif - Pot: $555 Stacks now: Tight player $850, fish $450, me $810 and one player is all-in

Checked around.

Anyone betting here to a dry sidepot?

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif making me two pair and putting a 3-flush on board.

Now tight player wakes up and bet $200, fish pushes for $450 after a short pause. Pot is now $1200

At the table this ran thru my head:

Fish has played very bad but agressive, he has called raises with 2nd pair and raised bets with draws. If he had the hearts, wouldn't he have bet flop? I think there is a resonable chance he is on a heart draw, maybe with a (lousy) A /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Tight player is really taking care of his money and I think he can lay down a very good hand! Yes, he can have the nutflush, but I think he would bet that on flop with TPTK + flush draw and if fish is drawing, there is a good chance it is with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. If tight player don't have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, he don't have a made flush, since there is no way he will call my preflop raise first in with less than premium A or a pair. He might have slowplayed a set, he is not the agressive type and when he bets, he for sure has something.

I move in for $810 making it $610 more for tight player to a $2000 pot. Not good enough to draw to a full if he believes there is a flush out, which everything should indicate now.

Comments?

Results follows later.

Allinlife
08-12-2005, 02:21 PM
what's up with the button raise? you are throwing money away more often than not trying to pick up pots pf against tight limper and crazy short stacks that push every other hand.

I fold the turn...bottom 2 no goot on this coordinated flush board, especially after all that action.

Prevaricator
08-12-2005, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what's up with the button raise? you are throwing money away more often than not trying to pick up pots pf against tight limper and crazy short stacks that push every other hand.

I fold the turn...bottom 2 no goot on this coordinated flush board, especially after all that action.

[/ QUOTE ]
what he said

TomCollins
08-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Never would have guessed you were from Europe- where no pot cannot be won by bluffing.

You are behind. Way behind. Hope for a boat on the river.

luckOverSkill
08-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I would fold and run screaming from the table. But
that's just me. If initial turn bettor is as tight as
you say he is, then I'd have to say he has you beat.

He's betting into two people with a flush on the board.
Do you think he's gonna do that with top pair top kicker?
And we haven't even considered what the fish might have.
Fold.

08-12-2005, 04:27 PM
I can predict where this is headed.

Morphling29
08-12-2005, 05:13 PM
If the guy is really an ultra tight player then I think he is calling like 600 to win the 1800 pot with a set. No way an ultra tight player has 2p because he wouldnt call a raise with A9 or some garbage like that.
Also understand that the guy is probaly reading you the same and says that you dont have Ax of hearts because you would have bet the flop, only hand that you hold that might scare him is KQ hearts, so if he is holding A with K or Q of hearts he probaly still calls and has like 16 outs or so.
But if he really is a tight player I would expect him to turn over AQ hearts for the nuts.
Also remember there are two all in hands that you have to beat to win, so even if he folds, how sure are you that 2p is good on this board?

08-12-2005, 05:21 PM
I'd fold.

You're probably behind here... and given the lack of outs (even the 7s and 6s might give someone a bigger boat)... you can't call.

Also, even if you're ahead, tight player and fish probably got outs up the wazoo and it is very likely for at least one of them to draw out on you.

Given those two pieces of information, you're better off extricating yourself from this failed pot stealing attempt and let the tight player duke it out with the fish.

Finally, the all in player further decreases your chances of winning the main pot.

I really don't like the push because even if you do convince tight player that he's behind, he got almost enough odds to draw... making it a call if he got any suspicions that he's ahead. More importantly, given your preflop raise, it's unlikely that he'd put you on a flush at this point (KQ, maybe KJ of hearts are the only 2 logical hands that he could put you on for a flush)