PDA

View Full Version : Age Difference issues....

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 06:49 PM
This is Stephen. He is 19.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6531/kozmo9nl.jpg

He is the one that has 2 Doctors for parents.
He wants to date me, and we have fun together when we go out, but he is 19 and I am 31.

I say it is an issue and have told him that I would not date him becuase of our age differences. He says I am wrong and age should not matter if you care about someone.

Who do you think is right?

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MEbenhoe
08-11-2005, 06:51 PM
At the ages you're at 31 and 19 is too big of an age gap. If you were 42 and 30 its a different story, but 12 years when one of the people involved is still only 19 seems too large to overcome. You are at completely different stages in life, one would assume.

edit: don't let me stop you though, and good luck if you choose to pursue, just saying it may be hard if you do.

Eurotrash
08-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Does he suck a mean dick?

if so, go for it.

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 06:54 PM
How am I suppose to know?

bd8802
08-11-2005, 06:54 PM
would he be the pitcher or the catcher?

TheMainEvent
08-11-2005, 06:55 PM
I think you should worry less about age difference issues and more about name similarity issues...

swede123
08-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Assuming she was attractive and fun to be around and so forth I'd easily date a 19 year old chick if I was 31 (but only for a short while) and I'd also easily date a 31 year old chick if I was 19 (though I fear it wouldn't last too long before she got tired of my immature ass).

What's the harm in trying it out eh?

Swede

[censored]
08-11-2005, 07:02 PM
I think its not the gap but his age (19) which is the problem, if is was 22 & 34 I think it would be different.

Also is he "out" with his family?

Luv2DriveTT
08-11-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Find out, we need a trip report. Sex is good, dating bad.

I'm 36 and I'm pounding away regularly on a 23 year old girl from Taiwan. She wants to be my girlfriend, she must have a father issue somewhere. I say no way, but she can visit in the evening anytime she likes.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think its not the gap but his age (19) which is the problem, if is was 22 & 34 I think it would be different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is out.

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 36 and I'm pounding away regularly on a 23 year old girl from Taiwan. She wants to be my girlfriend, she must have a father issue somewhere. I say no way, but she can visit in the evening anytime she likes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not posting a trip report. Since my return to OOT I have cut way back on gay content and comments, it is like a Version 2.0 Talk2BigSteve

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming she was attractive and fun to be around and so forth I'd easily date a 19 year old chick if I was 31 (but only for a short while) and I'd also easily date a 31 year old chick if I was 19 (though I fear it wouldn't last too long before she got tired of my immature ass).

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I am scared that if we take our friendsship up a level that if it doesn't work out that we might lose what we already have of a friendship.

I don't want to lose a friend who actually has a decent head on his shoulders. Most of the gay guys in the area his age are complete whores and/or on coke/crystal.

[censored]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is out.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the gay community is this type of relationship (19 with 31) something that is more common than outside it?

M2d
[ QUOTE ]
I am not posting a trip report. Since my return to OOT I have cut way back on gay content and comments, it is like a Version 2.0 Talk2BigSteve

[/ QUOTE ]
this on a thread about "should I date this guy?"

seriously, you're dating him, not marrying him. if it works out, good. if it doesn't, no biggie.

jason_t
08-11-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Since my return to OOT I have cut way back on gay content and comments

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

He wants to date me, and we have fun together when we go out, but he is 19 and I am 31.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

DemonDeac
08-11-2005, 07:18 PM
this is off topic from the thread, but do you play poker BigSteve??

irishpint
08-11-2005, 07:19 PM
gross.

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is out.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the gay community is this type of relationship (19 with 31) something that is more common than outside it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be fine. I am not sure about outside the gay community. Most gays in this area keep to themselves in private.

Such as rent a movie and go home instead of going to the movie theater.

Grab some take out and go home instead of trying to have a romantic dinner in public.

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Since my return to OOT I have cut way back on gay content and comments

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I left at 1412 and now I am at 1520something this is probably the first thread that I have started since I came back that is gay content. So deal with it. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is off topic from the thread, but do you play poker BigSteve??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes $2/4.

hoopsie44
08-11-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be fine. I am not sure about outside the gay community. Most gays in this area keep to themselves in private.

Grab some take out and go home instead of trying to have a romantic dinner in public.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Mississippi isn't the most liberal minded state.

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is out.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Mississippi isn't the most liberal minded state.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I have only lived here 11 of the last 15 years I would have never of guessed that about Mississippi /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CallMeIshmael
08-11-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the ages you're at 31 and 19 is too big of an age gap. If you were 42 and 30 its a different story, but 12 years when one of the people involved is still only 19 seems too large to overcome. You are at completely different stages in life, one would assume.

edit: don't let me stop you though, and good luck if you choose to pursue, just saying it may be hard if you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Zero
08-11-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am scared that if we take our friendsship up a level that if it doesn't work out that we might lose what we already have of a friendship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit being so....gay.

[censored]
08-11-2005, 08:01 PM
well I think I come down on him being to young for you. However I am basing this on experience with women and as we all know they tend to be emotionally and mentally [censored] at 19. Things should be different with a dude.

good luck

Luv2DriveTT
08-11-2005, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not gay content. Nobody is offended about your love life, its the sexual stuff that got on some peoples nerves(not mine of course, nothing offends me unless it's gratuitous or rude). I want to know that you are happy, I demand a trip report dammit!

david050173
08-11-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Well woman are more mature for there age so you get to add 6 years and guys are immatture so you have to subtract 6 years. So a 31 year old guy dating a 19 year old girl give us 25==25 on the maturity scale so it is ok. Now a 31 year old guy dating a 19 year old guy is 25!=16 which wouldn't be ok. This math could be wrong but I doubt it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

gunt
08-11-2005, 08:23 PM
you know what they say... " if there's grass on the field, play with his balls."

TheMainEvent
08-11-2005, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you know what they say... " if there's grass on the field, play with his balls."

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent work

Nick-Zack
08-11-2005, 08:36 PM
SIIHP

rusellmj
08-11-2005, 08:40 PM
My pops has been married 5 times. His first being my mother. His relationship w/ my mom lasted 15 years and the rest much less. All to women about his age at the time. His current wife is 20 years to the week younger than him. They have been married for 23 years.

poker-penguin
08-11-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SIIHP

[/ QUOTE ]

How did it take this long?

Seriously Steve, SIIHP and quit being such a woman.

Harv72b
08-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Age doesn't matter. Individuals do.

At least, that's what I keep trying to tell this 22 year-old I work with (I'm 33). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, though...you're either into him, or you're not. If the age gap is the only thing preventing you from hooking up, then you're in the wrong. If it isn't, just level with him.

Duke
08-11-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since my return to OOT I have cut way back on gay content and comments, it is like a Version 2.0 Talk2BigSteve

Big Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm happy you told me, or I would have never known.

~D

James Boston
08-11-2005, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Really, I have only lived here 11 of the last 15 years I would have never of guessed that about Mississippi

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're 31, why was 15 the magical number you just used? Why not say, "...I have only lived here the last 11 years..." and leave out the " of the last 15?" Why not 20, 25, or 31? I just found that statement odd.

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 09:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Really, I have only lived here 11 of the last 15 years I would have never of guessed that about Mississippi

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're 31, why was 15 the magical number you just used? Why not say, "...I have only lived here the last 11 years..." and leave out the " of the last 15?" Why not 20, 25, or 31? I just found that statement odd.

[/ QUOTE ]

My family moved here in 1990, I graduated in 1993 from high school, I went to Community College for 1 year and moved to Dallas, Texas I lived there for 4 years. I moved back home.

So I have lived here 11 of the past 15 years.

James Boston
08-11-2005, 09:50 PM
ahh.... 11 non-consecutive years, didn't think of that.

Stellastarr
08-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Thats just too big of a age difference. imo

Wyers
08-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Venturing into NAMBLA territory here Stevie...

Of course he is too young.

Kirg
08-12-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm 26 and my wife is 44.

My dad is 50 and my stepmom is 21.

Physical age means nothing, it's all about the age of the mind, maturity and whether you like each other. Who gives a [censored] about numbers.

Clarkmeister
08-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Half your age plus 7 years. That means no in this case.

Wyers
08-12-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Physical age means nothing, it's all about the age of the mind, maturity and whether you like each other. Who gives a [censored] about numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Physical age does matter - in certain circumstances.

Does it matter if a 25 year old and a 50 year old hook up? No. Probably not.

31 and 19 is cutting it VERY close IMO. Anything younger is almost predatory.

Talk2BigSteve
08-12-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Number do matter to a certain extent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone read my original post for god's sake.

I am the 31 year old who is telling him I do not want to date him.

He is the 19 year old who is telling me Age does not matter.

I am not some sort of NAMBLA Predator.

Dominic
08-12-2005, 12:40 AM
if you have fun together and really like one another, what's the problem?

I've dated women as much as 15 years younger than me....the only problem arises from a maturity issue - but I've found maturity is not an issue of age - but of experience.

I say go for it.

Wyers
08-12-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Number do matter to a certain extent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has anyone read my original post for god's sake.

I am the 31 year old who is telling him I do not want to date him.

He is the 19 year old who is telling me Age does not matter.

I am not some sort of NAMBLA Predator.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why make this post?

If you are certain that you aren't going to date this kid, then you should know you made the correct decision - no poll necessary.

Posting a poll about it indicates you are not sold on your decision and could be swayed. Did you not think the content your poll would be met with some scorn?

Of course you did.

gorie
08-12-2005, 12:42 AM
19 year olds scare me.

Kirg
08-12-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree in part, this mainly just depends on the maturity of the person. I've met several 18-21 yr olds that had the maturity of a 30yr old. In general a younger person looking for a relationship with an older person usually is the mature type because they are looking for a meaningful relationship and not a quick fling since for that they could just do someone their own age. It takes a certain maturity to fall in love with someone who is 20 years older.

Altough in the OP's case it's a mere 12 so that reasoning probably doesn't hold up as much since it could be a 19yr old college student falling for the 30yr old Psych teacher type thing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, Steve, only you can answer this. You know him, and you're the only one that can judge how mature this 19-year old is. So we really can't tell who is right.

Talk2BigSteve
08-12-2005, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree in part, this mainly just depends on the maturity of the person. I've met several 18-21 yr olds that had the maturity of a 30yr old. In general a younger person looking for a relationship with an older person usually is the mature type because they are looking for a meaningful relationship and not a quick fling since for that they could just do someone their own age. It takes a certain maturity to fall in love with someone who is 20 years older.

Altough in the OP's case it's a mere 12 so that reasoning probably doesn't hold up as much since it could be a 19yr old college student falling for the 30yr old Psych teacher type thing. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, Steve, only you can answer this. You know him, and you're the only one that can judge how mature this 19-year old is. So we really can't tell who is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is extremely mature for his age having been raise by 2 Doctors. I am the one having the issues with it, not him. I think I am the one that needs to get over it. I am extremely flattered that he would want to date me.

He states that I am a secure individual, who has a clear future and in the time that I have known him I have never pushed anything on him, and I treat him as a equal and not just some kid who can be easily influenced. He knows I am a caring individual. He finds humor in the fact that I have been given the nickname "Mother Hen" by some of the other young gay guys because they know that Big Steve will answer his phone at anytime of the night for advice, and I have been the DD on countless times, and the enforcer when things do not go as planned and they need a former corrections officer to put a troll in his place.

TimM
08-12-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your only issue, I don't think you can let it stand in your way. You only live once. He could move away, or find someone else and spend all his time with him, or you could drift apart for other reasons, and then it wouldn't really matter.

The age thing is only an issue because he's 19. If you were both a few years older it wouldn't matter at all. Only you know all the details about his maturity and family situation to know whether it would be a real issue.

Luv2DriveTT
08-12-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
19 year olds scare me.

[/ QUOTE ]

meaning 1/2 this forum scares you.

gorie
08-12-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
19 year olds scare me.

[/ QUOTE ]

meaning 1/2 this forum scares you.

[/ QUOTE ]

it feels like more than 1/2!

imported_anacardo
08-12-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn it, live it, love it.

Sometimes the rule of law just comes down to arbitrary standards.

ChipWrecked
08-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Remember the Barbi Benton / Hugh Hefner exchange:

Barbie: I don't date people older than 25.

Hef: Neither do I.

TimM
08-12-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your dad is my new hero.

Luv2DriveTT
08-12-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your dad is my new hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 14 years I might be his dad. At least I aspire to be...

Clarkmeister
08-12-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is extremely mature for his age having been raise by 2 Doctors. I am the one having the issues with it, not him. I think I am the one that needs to get over it. I am extremely flattered that he would want to date me.

He states that I am a secure individual, who has a clear future and in the time that I have known him I have never pushed anything on him, and I treat him as a equal and not just some kid who can be easily influenced. He knows I am a caring individual. He finds humor in the fact that I have been given the nickname "Mother Hen" by some of the other young gay guys because they know that Big Steve will answer his phone at anytime of the night for advice, and I have been the DD on countless times, and the enforcer when things do not go as planned and they need a former corrections officer to put a troll in his place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. The real issue is how he likes his steak.

Talk2BigSteve
08-12-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. The real issue is how he likes his steak.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO.

No A1 Sause.

TimM
08-12-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your dad is my new hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 14 years I might be his dad. At least I aspire to be...

[/ QUOTE ]

You were my hero right before I read about his dad. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Glenn
08-12-2005, 02:48 AM
The issue you need to address is whether you want to be with him because you are in a dominant position or if he wants to be with you because he is in a submissive position given the age difference. If you can be equals in the relationship then it can work, but this is usually not the case.

TheTROLL
08-12-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So 14-year-olds shouldn't date each other then?

[censored]
08-12-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The issue you need to address is whether you want to be with him because you are in a dominant position or if he wants to be with you because he is in a submissive position given the age difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man Glenn, that takes on a whole other meaning in this case doesn't it!

imported_anacardo
08-12-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

14/2 + 7 = 14, which is perfectly fine.

SackUp
08-12-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Always remember to round down! Not that it matters in this case, but just for anyone else who is using the theorem. I'm 25 and still want the option of 19 years olds - not that I'm particularly interested, but still want the option.

SackUp
08-12-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is Stephen. He is 19.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6531/kozmo9nl.jpg

I say it is an issue and have told him that I would not date him becuase of our age differences. He says I am wrong and age should not matter if you care about someone.

Who do you think is right?

[/ QUOTE ]

And how in the hell can Steve post this pic but we can't post pics of mail order brides who post themselves on the net???

WTF?!?! BTW I didn't chime in on that whole debate but there was no way 2+2 was going to have any liablity. The laws have limited moderators liablity for stuff posting on forums a TON!

Clarkmeister
08-12-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheTROLL doesn't like math much?

TimM
08-12-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Half your age plus 7 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always remember to round down!

[/ QUOTE ]

At my age I should be allowed to round down to the nearest 10.

imported_anacardo
08-12-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Half your age plus 7 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always remember to round down!

[/ QUOTE ]

At my age I should be allowed to round down to the nearest 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flaming rubble of anarchy lies this way, sir.

Cosimo
08-12-2005, 03:24 AM
Age is just a number.

That said, I've dated a few 19s that were just too immature. The "vast majority" (that is, 2 of the 3) just didn't work out. I dated #3 for 9 months or so, life was good. She moved away, I moved away, we both moved back, and we're seeing each other again, but now she's 23.

21-24s, same deal. Not that I'm dating them again but heck age is nothing.

Any short term relationship will work out great if your superficial interests coincide. For a long term relationship, I think that your philosophies much match. Liking the same bands, the same flavor ice cream, and good sex only lasts for so long. Until this turns into a LTR, who cares? Only old fuddy-duddies and young squares.

TheTROLL
08-12-2005, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TheTROLL doesn't like math much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah! I thought you were saying the present case was one of "half your age + 7" (which it plainly isn't), and that that was a bad thing - I'd never heard of the formula before. I like it, and I apologise for doubting you, Sir!

DavidC
08-12-2005, 06:32 AM
I'm not going to vote on this because I don't really know, but here's what I've experienced:

When I was 17, I went out with a 15 year old, and it was great (lasted 2 years).

When you're 19 years old, your interests and developments as a person are very volatile. As such, you don't really know what you're getting into.

Thirdly, read The Symposium (by Plato). I did a while ago, and it addresses this a bit. It's only like 30 pages or so. Neat just from a cultural perspective. It's also available online for free, I'm sure.

As an idealist, I'd have to say that love transcends age, even romantic love, but I'm sure it'll be tougher than a more standard relationship...

Good luck, bro.

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm 36. If I were unmarried and a 19 year-old girl that I considered hot wanted to date me, I'd definitely give her a shot.

Shajen
08-12-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 36. If I were unmarried and a 19 year-old girl that I considered hot wanted to date me, I'd definitely give her a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

baninated for a day Jake?

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

baninated for a day Jake?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Just wasn't around.

sfer
08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just made it.

mslif
08-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I think that it really depends on how mature he is and how comfortable you would feel being with him public. Another thing, do you think his parents would agree with you dating him?

benza13
08-12-2005, 10:37 AM
My cousin is 34 and he is engaged to a girl who is 23. Her family had troubles with the age difference until they met him. From that point on there were no troubles, because people realize that despite the age difference they are good for each other. This is the most important thing, more than age. The difference may seem huge now, but if it does become a long term thing, in 20 years the difference won't even matter.

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 10:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My cousin is 34 and he is engaged to a girl who is 23. Her family had troubles with the age difference until they met him. From that point on there were no troubles, because people realize that despite the age difference they are good for each other. This is the most important thing, more than age. The difference may seem huge now, but if it does become a long term thing, in 20 years the difference won't even matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. He'll be dead of a heart attack and she'll be raising the kids and living off the insurance money.

08-12-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a new hero.

As for the OP's problem, I say why not go for it. Little Steve's of legal age (at least as legal as it's going to get in Mississippi), it sounds like he's extremely mature for 19, and there must be some attraction there. If you want to be a puss about it, lay down some "this is a test run" rules where either one of you can break it off after a short period of time no strings attached.

Say, where is Bad Advice Guy? This thread could use him.

jakethebake
08-12-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a cultural thing. In some Asian and Hispanic cultures in particular, it's very common for young women to date/marry older men.