PDA

View Full Version : Top Two - i think they are killing me

Filip
08-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Example from a tournament today:

PokerStars (8 handed)

Preflop: Filip is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. Filip posts a blind of 25.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Filip (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Filip checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Filip calls, BB calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

The only cards that will not scare me on the turn are 237Q.

My postion here sux ofcourse, and just calling the flop was probably the worst option i had.

Is top two good for anything except busting players overplaying their AAxx?

Filip
08-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Sorry for the low content posts, variance is being naughty to me and i am starting to feel stressed out. You know the feeling like how you "KNOW" that u will be sucked out, it doesnt do wonder for me atm. I try to think that getting the money in with +EV hands makes me money in the long run but..... ahh well just writing this made me feel better but instead of my usual cancel ill press post.

Burdzthewurd
08-11-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm thinking you don't mind a K either.

Is this PLO or Limit? Don't see any stack sizes or bet amounts...

Filip
08-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Aye a king would be nice too.

Damn converter, missed that it was messed up.

Its PLO, i got 2k other stacks got 4k and 5k.

LP bets min on the flop and the turn and gets check raised pot by BB on the turn. LP folds and so do i.

I probably should have checkraised pot on the flop and folded to a reraise.