PDA

View Full Version : Times to Play

imported_adhoc
08-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I've been working on adjusting my hand selection criteria for pot limit omaha and playing every day for the past week or two. It's been profitable. My original notions about which hands were playable, coming from hold em, were very incorrect. Reading some of the posts here straightened me out. Thanks.

I have noticed, though, that the "peak hours" for this game are very different from those for hold em online: whilst hold em is good from about 8 or 9 pm EST until about 3 or 4 am, PLO tables are fairly static all day in terms of player quality; around 11 pm, they start to become more fishy, and are extremely easy to beat between 2 and 6 am, when the pots are very large and players will call very loosely. Between 6 am and 11 pm they are tighter, usually populated by the same group of about two dozen multitablers on every table, and I haven't noticed any real reason to play during these hours. Is this assessment correct? When are the best times to play PLO online?

joewatch
08-11-2005, 09:10 PM
I have noticed that any time is a good time to PLO. I just play my style and win consistently no matter who is at the table. But I definitely prefer peak-hours when I can find 4 full tables without a problem. Lately, there has been a ton of PLO action every day of the week when I play after work. It's been great for my bankroll!

TheRempel
08-11-2005, 10:38 PM
Monday through Friday, from about 9:00 pm CST - 1:00 am CST, and then pretty much any time at all on Saturdays are my best times for playing PLO. The worst time? Sunday between 5:00 pm and 11:00 pm. Christ, what a rockfest.

Jorge10
08-11-2005, 10:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Between 6 am and 11 pm they are tighter, usually populated by the same group of about two dozen multitablers on every table, and I haven't noticed any real reason to play during these hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, im usually playing low limit holdem at that time, LOL.

[ QUOTE ]
around 11 pm, they start to become more fishy, and are extremely easy to beat between 2 and 6 am, when the pots are very large and players will call very loosely.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I did not know, thanks, now I gotta stay up, lol.

imported_adhoc
08-13-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks, now I gotta stay up

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not advice, just an observation I have made over a small period of time. I still want to know if any people who play Omaha regularly agree that what I have noticed is consistently true.

RoundersRocks!
08-14-2005, 12:42 AM
I think the game is pretty static. In my experiance, if you notice where people are from, it is more of a worldwide game, so peoples time zones are a factor.

imported_adhoc
08-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Anybody?