PDA

View Full Version : how do you guys deal with this crap

newhizzle
08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
so in the past couple days this is how a good amount of my tourneys have been ending, ill be chipleader or one of the big stacks and get dealt something along the lines of K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif, get my stack chopped in half by something like J /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif or 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif or A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, then a couple hands later ill get something like A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif, go all in and run into the big blind with something like A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif, how do you guys deal with this?

i dont mean to be telling bad beat stories but my run in the past couple of days has been horrible and i think i might be on perma-tilt

bix
08-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Just need to get use to it. It is part of poker. Good luck at the tables

raptor517
08-11-2005, 04:51 PM
you keep typing /endlife and it makes u feel better. holla

Hornacek
08-11-2005, 04:59 PM
you get used to it... if it bothers you that much, maybe poker isn't the best thing for you.

08-11-2005, 05:02 PM
This (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3023105&page=&view=&s b=5&o=) might help you to see the big picture

nWirb
08-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Look at this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3118626&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) 100 times, then tilt is gone. kthx~~

citanul
08-11-2005, 05:04 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/BSwing23/give_a_damn_progress.gif

pokerlaw
08-11-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

citanul
08-11-2005, 05:07 PM
that's the first time anyone's had chance to say that to me all day.

citanul

newhizzle
08-11-2005, 05:08 PM
thats [censored] hillarious, thanks i feel better now

citanul
08-11-2005, 05:08 PM
i live to serve.

Newt_Buggs
08-11-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you keep typing /endlife and it makes u feel better. holla

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, i'll have to try this sometime

to the OP- just imagine the [censored] that you'll see after you've played thousands of tournaments like many of the regular posters here.

lacky
08-11-2005, 05:13 PM
basically u just say thats poker and keep playing. That works until:

A. you start screaming at your monitors and/or typing rants into the chat box.

B. you start breaking [censored]

C. you start being able to predict the exact card that is going to hit to allow his 3 outer to win, without even needing to know his exact cards. (this one is kind of spooky, and makes this biology/physics guy start to question his understanding of how things work.)

when A, B or C start happening I take a minumum of 2 to 3 days off, until I know longer expect to be beat everytime I'm ahead.

Steve

raptor517
08-11-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

C. you start being able to predict the exact card that is going to hit to allow his 3 outer to win, without even needing to know his exact cards. (this one is kind of spooky, and makes this biology/physics guy start to question his understanding of how things work.)

when A, B or C start happening I take a minumum of 2 to 3 days off, until I know longer expect to be beat everytime I'm ahead.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

it only works for old dinosaurs. i prefer to punch walls and listen to people talk about how good they are. holla

vinyard
08-11-2005, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont mean to be telling bad beat stories but my run in the past couple of days has been horrible and i think i might be on perma-tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a donkey tilt problem. I suppose there are a bunch of ways to deal with a bad beat but typically I just IM a poker playing friend (often our mild mannered moderator) with the hand history and some illuminating comment on my part like "wtf?" "pwned" "what was he calling off his stack for with K8o and a short stack?" and the always helpful "ugh" Their half of the conversation goes "eww" or "sucks" and that's that. Fire up a new SnG and move on.

In a somewhat more helpful vein I have started writing down all the bad beats I put on people. Over an active day of 40-60 SnGs you will be amazed the number of suckouts you have. Every time I take a bad beat I just look at that list and remember that it runs both ways.

citanul
08-11-2005, 05:28 PM
pft, it does so not run both ways.
liar.

don't get the guy's hopes up.

valenzuela
08-11-2005, 05:32 PM
where do I get one of those...

Mr_J
08-11-2005, 06:12 PM
Done it all.

Don't punch and rant so much. I usually just let out a very loud, quick curse. "Puta" is my fave, but "f*ck" and "damn it" can be heard a couple of blocks away from time to time.

I just think it's habit. Playing poker has kind of replaced my playing madden on xbox, where I really used to let the all-madden AI have it. I might let out a "puta" during a bad session, but I curse every minute I play madden.

raptor517
08-11-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Done it all.

Don't punch and rant so much. I usually just let out a very loud, quick curse. "Puta" is my fave, but "f*ck" and "damn it" can be heard a couple of blocks away from time to time.

I just think it's habit. Playing poker has kind of replaced my playing madden on xbox, where I really used to let the all-madden AI have it. I might let out a "puta" during a bad session, but I curse every minute I play madden.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait.. isnt 06 out today or tomorrow or something?? holla

yabastid
08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Done it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait.. isnt 06 out today or tomorrow or something?? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Tis out.

skipperbob
08-11-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a somewhat more helpful vein I have started writing down all the bad beats I put on people. Over an active day of 40-60 SnGs you will be amazed the number of suckouts you have. Every time I take a bad beat I just look at that list and remember that it runs both ways

[/ QUOTE ]

TRYING TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL REPLY DENIGRATES THE EFFORT OF THOSE OF US WHO TRY TO POST MEANINGLESS DRIVEL ALL THE TIME /images/graemlins/blush.gif

08-11-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao. P.O.T.Y.

sahala
08-11-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pft, it does so not run both ways.
liar.

don't get the guy's hopes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

most meaningful post of the week IMO.

newhizzle
08-12-2005, 02:00 PM
well i doubled through aces today with a 27o, so the perma-tilt is over

The Don
08-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Quitting poker and persuing a career in fast food is probably the best option.

Wes ManTooth
08-12-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To my understanding Mods are not suppose to virtually bitch slap posters?

Don't worry I have already clicked the "Notify Moderator" button /images/graemlins/grin.gif

johnnybeef
08-12-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To my understanding Mods are not suppose to virtually bitch slap posters?

Don't worry I have already clicked the "Notify Moderator" button /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

unless the mod happens to be citanul

citanul
08-12-2005, 02:55 PM
i did not either insult or namecall the OP.

aside from that, i thought it was pretty [censored] funny.

citanul

newhizzle
08-12-2005, 03:01 PM
i would have to agree with citanul on this matter

johnnybeef
08-12-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

it only works for old dinosaurs. i prefer to punch walls and listen to people talk about how good they are. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

last month i was running pretty bad, and, coincidentally, my roommates house was under foreclosure. because he had no money to get it back on track, we started to turn the place into a dump. during one particular stretch of several 2 outers on the river i proceeded to pick up my computer chair (~25-30 lbs) and took out my bedroom wall by throwing it through it.

Wes ManTooth
08-12-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i did not either insult or namecall the OP.

aside from that, i thought it was pretty [censored] funny.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I was just clownin

in the words of the great Triumph the Insult Commic Dog "I keed! ... I keed!..."

networkman
08-12-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quitting poker and persuing a career in fast food is probably the best option.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm fast food...

lacky
08-12-2005, 06:06 PM
i hate sounding like the parent here, but how exactly is it the banks fault he isn't making his payments. Trashing the place is counter-productive, low-class and imature and simply adds to the cost of doing business for everyone else.

Think about it.

Steve

skipperbob
08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Trashing the place is counter-productive, low-class and imature

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then, we must have a case of "mistaken-identity"; couldn't have been the Beef involved /images/graemlins/blush.gif