PDA

View Full Version : I got pwned by the girl at Wendy's drive-thru

youtalkfunny
08-11-2005, 03:47 PM
I cruise on over to Wendy's very late, after midnight. This little town is not exactly "a city that never sleeps". I'm the only customer there.

I order a chicken sandwich and a jr burger. I pay at the first window, and advance to the second.

The girl hands me a bag, and says to me cheerfully, "Could you pull up? We'll bring the chicken out to you when it's ready."

I check my mirror. "But there's no one behind me!", I said, annoyed (I'm usually very patient and polite).

She turns on a super-fake smile, and says, "OK then, don't worry about it," and leaves.

She comes back three seconds later with my chicken sandwich. Another smile that's way too big to be genuine. "Here you go! Thank you!"

I smirk. She wanted to pull me up, and the sandwich was ready moments later! I'm so smart!

I get home, and bite into a chicken sandwich....

...that has a piece of chicken that must've been sitting in that warmer for three days. When I protested, they must've aborted their plans of cooking a fresh piece of chicken for me.

pwned /images/graemlins/frown.gif

DemonDeac
08-11-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yyyup

stubborn bastard

stabn
08-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Sounds like they were getting [censored] on for their drive through times /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

asofel
08-11-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I cruise on over to Wendy's very late, after midnight. This little town is not exactly "a city that never sleeps". I'm the only customer there.

I order a chicken sandwich and a jr burger. I pay at the first window, and advance to the second.

The girl hands me a bag, and says to me cheerfully, "Could you pull up? We'll bring the chicken out to you when it's ready."

I check my mirror. "But there's no one behind me!", I said, annoyed (I'm usually very patient and polite).

She turns on a super-fake smile, and says, "OK then, don't worry about it," and leaves.

She comes back three seconds later with my chicken sandwich. Another smile that's way too big to be genuine. "Here you go! Thank you!"

I smirk. She wanted to pull me up, and the sandwich was ready moments later! I'm so smart!

I get home, and bite into a chicken sandwich....

...that has a piece of chicken that must've been sitting in that warmer for three days. When I protested, they must've aborted their plans of cooking a fresh piece of chicken for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

you could have been owned much worse...or maybe you were and you still don't know it...

08-11-2005, 03:50 PM
You should have gone to the Krusty Krab.

ChipWrecked
08-11-2005, 03:50 PM
And they were still running two windows? Strange. Usually they will close the pay window when it's slow.

HopeydaFish
08-11-2005, 03:51 PM
This is why I never give a hard time to anybody who is serving me food...or at least I wait until *after* I've gotten my food. Spittle is so easy to conceal under a hamburger bun. As is semen.

Indiana
08-11-2005, 03:52 PM
rule of thumb, dont be an ass to someone who is getting ready to put your sandwich together...especially when they only make $6/hr

Indy

touchfaith
Did it have a finger in it?

HopeydaFish
[ QUOTE ]
Did it have a finger in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't order the chili.

Shajen
08-11-2005, 03:53 PM
http://www.starman417.com/Owned%20Baby.jpg

TheMainEvent
08-11-2005, 03:55 PM
If you killed her I'm pretty sure Jesus would forgive you.

ChipWrecked
08-11-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you killed her I'm pretty sure Jesus would forgive you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like he earned it to me. He probably used a really whiny tone of voice too.

(the secret ingredient is semen)

http://foodgoat.blogspot.com/040803wc.jpg

Slacker13
08-11-2005, 03:58 PM
But how did the loogy taste?

Runner Runner
08-11-2005, 04:02 PM
You can say what you want in Subway cause you get to observe all the sandwich making. With Drive-Thru, you must be on your best behaviour until the food is received.

tdarko
08-11-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that has a piece of chicken that must've been sitting in that warmer for three days. When I protested, they must've aborted their plans of cooking a fresh piece of chicken for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
wrong. you were given the correct sandwich, wendy's is THAT bad.

asofel
08-11-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that has a piece of chicken that must've been sitting in that warmer for three days. When I protested, they must've aborted their plans of cooking a fresh piece of chicken for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MCS
08-11-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to Wendy's and had good food. The staff is definitely less competent than most other fast food places though.

TaoTe
08-11-2005, 04:10 PM
I thought you were going to say you found a finger or someone jizzed on it.

CrazyEyez
08-11-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to Wendy's and had good food. The staff is definitely less competent than most other fast food places though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Once in awhile my wife wants Wendy's so we go to the one near our house. We order and then I remember that they don't have the soda fountain thing out where you can get at it. They fill it and you get no refills. Then I get really angry. What the hell year is this? Is this common to all Wendy's or just the craphole by my house?

stabn
08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Once in awhile my wife wants Wendy's so we go to the one near our house. We order and then I remember that they don't have the soda fountain thing out where you can get at it. They fill it and you get no refills. Then I get really angry. What the hell year is this? Is this common to all Wendy's or just the craphole by my house?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can actually take your cup up there and get a refill AFAIK. They just handle it themsevles.

tdarko
08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i have no idea but i think that if you are eating this food the fountain machine's location is the least of your worries.

razor
08-11-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about the dumbest thing I've read all day...

RunDownHouse
08-11-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean you've actually asked and they refused? Or have you been too intimidated by the counter and cashier to ask?

RacersEdge
08-11-2005, 04:59 PM
I think you got what you deserved.

DeathDonkey
08-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Late at night most places don't keep much of the less common stuff ready to go, and if it was fried chicken it takes the longest of anything to make (4 min in a fryer at carls jr). We would pretty much "pull" any car that wouldn't be ready right away at night because it helps with the drive thru time averages for the day and then we could clean and stuff and not worry about the guy sitting at the window getting pissed off.

I have tons of carls jr stories from when I used to work there but the basic point is that all fast food workers are scum. One time we didn't have any fried zucchini ready late at night, so a customer got a couple zucchini with old nasty fries hidden under them (so when you look from the top it looks good). They call and complain but the manager knows what we do so she apologized and told them to come back for a refund the next day etc etc, they never do.

-DeathDonkey

EliteNinja
08-11-2005, 05:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/EliteNinja/twoplustwo/pwned.gif

Sooga
08-11-2005, 05:54 PM
http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/animals/assets/that_wasnt_chicken.jpg

08-11-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't aware that fast food restaurants include free refills in their meals? I've always been tempted to go to the fountain for another drink but I thought that this was not allowed.

Can someone clarify? What is the limit to the number of free refills I can have?

tek
08-11-2005, 06:31 PM
It goes without saying (but I will anyway) that you have to check your food before you drive away. It's not like they can teleport your car away, so look through the bag.

*Are all items there?
*Do they look satisfactory
*Did you get straws, ketchup, etc?

The last item really burns me. It's like they leave thay shjt out just to fuk with us...

siccjay
08-11-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rule of thumb, dont be an ass to someone who is getting ready to put your sandwich together...especially when they only make $6/hr

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

These are words to live by, my friends STILL don't get it. If I'm with someone and they are a dick at the speaker I won't even eat.

08-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Here's a solution- don't go through the drive through. I never do and I always get the correct order.

ChipWrecked
08-11-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can say what you want in Subway cause you get to observe all the sandwich making. With Drive-Thru, you must be on your best behaviour until the food is received.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the premise on which the mighty Steak 'n Shake was founded. The food is cooked right behind the counter... "In Sight It Must Be Right"

08-11-2005, 08:08 PM
I wasn't aware that fast food restaurants include free refills in their meals? I've always been tempted to go to the fountain for another drink but I thought that this was not allowed.

Can someone clarify? What is the limit to the number of free refills I can have?

KingOtter
08-11-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As many as you want until you leave the doors. When you come back in you have to buy a new one.

KO

08-11-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As many as you want until you leave the doors. When you come back in you have to buy a new one.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's sweet. And this applies to any of the fast food restaurant chains? And I can take a refill out with me?

Homer
08-11-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that's sweet. And this applies to any of the fast food restaurant chains? And I can take a refill out with me?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're serious, yes, you can have as many refills as you want and fill it up on the way out. It costs them a nickel a cup. I don't think they care.

chrisdhal
08-11-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Wow, you must not eat much fast food /images/graemlins/smile.gif Virtually every place has free refills even if you have to ask for it. There's a franchise Wendy's by my house that is terrible not only because they have Pepsi instead of Coke, but they charge 25 cents for a refill. That's the one place you get the large instead of a small.

Wendy's does, however, have a weird way of getting a refill. They will take your original cup and throw it away and give you a new one.

08-11-2005, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're serious, yes, you can have as many refills as you want and fill it up on the way out. It costs them a nickel a cup. I don't think they care.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what about the fast food places that have the fountains behind the counter? You don't get free refills at those?

Homer
08-11-2005, 11:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what about the fast food places that have the fountains behind the counter? You don't get free refills at those?

[/ QUOTE ]

... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3117865&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1#Post3121747)

HopeydaFish
08-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I think Scoot is just so excited by the idea of free refills that he temporarily lost the ability to read. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blarg
08-11-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you could have been owned much worse...or maybe you were and you still don't know it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Spit is basically invisible once you push down the top of the bun.

Benholio
08-12-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

... (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3117865&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1#Post3121747)

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/6236/post14dt.jpg

sthief09
08-12-2005, 05:34 AM
the mayo was probably cottage cheese

runner4life7
08-12-2005, 05:48 AM
I just cant believe Scoot didnt know this, have you ever left your house? I dont drink soda... like ever but I just thought that like everyone at the age of 5+ knew this. You really think people could be trusted on the honor system if that was the case? If you are uber cheap like some of my friends you ask for a cup of water and then get whatever you want.

sexdrugsmoney
08-12-2005, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I protested, they must've aborted their plans of cooking a fresh piece of chicken for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always be pleasant with the people that bring you food.

They have your life in their hands.