PDA

View Full Version : Playing AK when you miss the flop

08-11-2005, 03:36 PM
I have finished reading TJ Cloutier and Tom Mc Evoy's Championship No Limit and Pot Limit Hold Em. I am currently engrossed in Harrington on Hold Em 1 and I notice differing opinions on how to play AK is you miss the flop. TJ Cloutier never fires at the flop if he has missed, while Dan Harrington might fire in a half pot sized bet, or else check, induce a bet, and go all in in the right circumstances

How do people generally play AK if you miss the flop, in the small $2.5's Im starting at my 3xbb + adding whatever limpers are in often doesnt get rid of enough people so if I miss the flop I am facing a tough decision. Should you only ever fire at the flop if you miss and there is only a maximum of two players still in the hand?

Trevor

AliasMrJones
08-11-2005, 04:01 PM
I believe HOH covers this very topic. In short, the more tight/weak and the fewer your opponents are, the more likely you should be to make a continuation bet. The looser and more opponents you have the less you should try a continuation bet. Position is also important. 3 players check to you is different than first to act with 3 players yet to act.