PDA

View Full Version : ITM with AJs

Uppercut
08-11-2005, 03:07 PM
Pokerstars $10+1 SnG

3 of us left, with blinds of 100/200 (chip counts are approximate)

Button ~6,500
SB ~5,000
BB (Hero) ~2,000

Both button and SB are fairly aggressive

Dealt to hero: Ad Jd

Action as follows:
Button bets 200
SB raises to 800
Hero...??????

08-11-2005, 03:26 PM
I push here. Has SB been raising that amount since it's been 5-3 handed? A smaller raise when all ins had been preferred before may indicate an actual hand. Regardless, I think you need to push here.

bluefeet
08-11-2005, 03:31 PM
SB didn't limp: probably rules out 22-99, A<To, KJo+maybe
SB didn't push: probably rules out TT-KKmaybe, AKs?

SB 4x'd: could be ATs+, AA-KK maybe, KQs?

eh...not sure about my range guesses, but i'm not sure how many hands you're truly ahead of here. i think you're short-end of a flip more times than not. despite 10BB's and a WAY worthy open-push hand, i'd lay it down. a bit on the weak-tight side perhaps, but i'd be looking to open-push from SB/UTG with even less.

ps. we can't discount the possibility UTG limped with a genuine hand. with or without your interest, he could be coming over the top here as well.

FrogMouth
08-11-2005, 03:55 PM
At a $10+1 90% (especailly when they have been aggressive)of the time your facing Ax or any 2 above 9. Push that shiznit in his face, and I'm sure most of the time your in good shape. But because your posting this, you probally ran into AA on the button. Thats just bad luck. In this situation, unless the opponenst have been tight, its an insta push!

Your playing for first, not second!!!!

bluefeet
08-11-2005, 04:09 PM
need to clean my contacts. i had my 'bubble' hat on here /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ITM makes this a push more "ok". but i still believe there is a case for laying it down (original limper still has to act). i DO like the gamble for 1st mentality - but i don't know if being in the middle of two live big-stack hands is the place to do it.

DyessMan89
08-11-2005, 04:22 PM
You have very little fold equity here, so its just your hand against his. I think you got to push here, especially at this level. Yes, you might be dominated, but the times he raises with with A3 more than make up for that.

Uppercut
08-11-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB didn't limp: probably rules out 22-99, A<To, KJo+maybe
SB didn't push: probably rules out TT-KKmaybe, AKs?

SB 4x'd: could be ATs+, AA-KK maybe, KQs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand-reading analysis was spot-on! I pushed my AJs and SB called. SB actually had AQo. My luckbox was broken and I finished third. Thanks for the input. I was wondering whether my push was too aggressive, but the consensus seems to be that pushing was the correct decision.