PDA

View Full Version : AA line check. 2-4, 3 flush board

JooWish622
08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Hand prior to this Villian bet the flop of 832 and I folded after raising preflop.

Hero is dealt AA in CO. 6-handed. VIllian is in BB, no reads, sat down an orbit ago.

Folds to Hero who raises to 15 with red AA. Folds to Villian who calls. Hero has 1000 behind and Villian has 400.

(pot 36). FLop is 8d 3d 5d. Villian bets out 10. Hero Calls.
Turn: 2c. Villian bets 40. Hero Calls.

River: As. Villian bets 10. Hero raises to 100, Villian Calls.

What are the advantages of playing this as passively as possible until the river. Part of the reason why I chose to was because I had a suspicion that Villian may have flopped a big hand and I would not want to overvalue my AA and flush draw with stacks deep.

What would you have done if turn was a black K?

I was intending on calling down from the flop, unless the 8 paired and he fired.

Results to come.

BobboFitos
08-11-2005, 03:24 PM
the effective stacks arent deep at all

JooWish622
08-11-2005, 03:34 PM
I guess the advantage is having OPP not being able to max out his flush or set if he has one, and being able to draw to the nuts for cheap if I am behind, and having him overvalue all overpairs and 8s if he has them which he would sometimes fold to a raise on the flop. Plus, playing passively gets him to "bluff" me out of the pot if he has say KQ, one diamond.

If I have no intention of folding the flop, I guess this is a good line to take? Comments?

Also, under what circumstances/hands would anyone play a handa like Villian did?

Maier
08-12-2005, 02:35 AM
This is a line you could take once in a while against an observant oppenant. On this board, you're either behind, but not way behind, or ahead a lot. So, if hes laggy/tricky enough, I would take the line you took. Good raise on the river, it seems like hes trying to induce a raise here with a hand that mgiht have improved on hte river/turn. THat turn bet could just be a response to your weak call on the flop.

What did he show?

JooWish622
08-18-2005, 01:05 PM
AT, Td.

Given that he showed a diamond, should I have raised. I mean, I feel like hes only calling my flop raise with a hand that beats me or a hand with the A or maybe K of diamonds. So, was I correct in keeping the pot small until I had a better idea if I was ahead or not?

Sadat X
08-18-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AT, Td.

Given that he showed a diamond, should I have raised. I mean, I feel like hes only calling my flop raise with a hand that beats me or a hand with the A or maybe K of diamonds. So, was I correct in keeping the pot small until I had a better idea if I was ahead or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think your rationale behind playing this hand so slow is to induce betting from the player you assume has a flush draw. I like this line, you kept the pot small and got a lot of valuefrom your aces.

If a black K falls, you might as well call the end. 99-QQ probably won't call, neither will a small pair or A8, but a set or flush may well come over the top, assuming you have AK.

RikaKazak
08-18-2005, 03:21 PM
DUDE!!!! RAISE FLOP!