PDA

View Full Version : What car do a-holes prefer?

Los Feliz Slim
08-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Before you jump and vote BMW or Porsche, think about who you get cutoff, etc, by most often. For me it's Lexus.

Glenn
08-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Ford Mustang. Not even close.

jackdaniels
I don't know, what do you drive? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

touchfaith
Mercedes-Benz and it is not close.

tdarko
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i guess it maybe depends on where you live i dunno, b/c where i am nice cars drive alright. its the dudes in trucks/big trucks that drive crazy.

Wetdog
08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Texans in diesel F350s with duallies. They swarm all over here in the summer, and go home in the fall.

durron597
08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
Wtf. Why isn't Jeep on this list? In fact the only Chrysler option you have on here is Dodge. DISCRIMINATION!

lu_hawk
08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
around here if you see a 20 something black guy driving a used lexus then there is a good chance he is going twice the speed limit and will cut you off from 3 lanes over.

M2d
08-11-2005, 02:57 PM
if it were a subclass of one of your categories (rice-rocket hondas), I think that would win in a landslide.

Shajen
08-11-2005, 02:59 PM
This [censored] drives an F-150

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i guess it maybe depends on where you live i dunno, b/c where i am nice cars drive alright. its the dudes in trucks/big trucks that drive crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Around here, it's a bigtime Chinese status symbol.

I have no problem with Chinese people in general, but around here, the ones that typically drive Benz's are the same ones that will only shop at Chinese establishments, hire only Chinese people, stuff like that...

I am not kidding a bit. It's sickning.

DrunkHamster
08-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Whats the difference between a porsche and a porcupine?

With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

Hold your applause...

M2d
08-11-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I have no problem with Chinese people in general, but around here, the ones that typically drive Benz's are the same ones that will only shop at Chinese establishments, hire only Chinese people, stuff like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

why does it matter to you where they shop? do you own a dim sum shop that they won't patronize because all your workers are blond?

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why does it matter to you where they shop? do you own a dim sum shop that they won't patronize because all your workers are blond?

[/ QUOTE ]

When someone will drive 15 minutes out of their way to buy bread from a chinese store, rather then going across the street to Safeway, for the only reason that they want to keep the money within the 'chinese community', yes, I have a problem with reverse discrimination.

mmmmm, dim sum....damn it, now I'm hungry!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

oneeye13
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
usually just identify by NY/Mass plates

MCS
08-11-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When someone will drive 15 minutes out of their way to buy bread from a chinese store, rather then going across the street to Safeway, for the only reason that they want to keep the money within the 'chinese community', yes, I have a problem with reverse discrimination.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, the word "reverse" is unnecessary. If something is discrimination, there's no need for the word "reverse."

Secondly, how is it such a bad thing to want to keep money in the community? People are always bashing Wal-Mart and such in favor of locally owned stores. What's the difference?

I TOTALLY agree with you on the dim sum though.

sfer
08-11-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A little tightly wound?

Duke
08-11-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you respond like this if he were talking about rednecks only hiring rednecks, and implicitly not hiring any sort of minority.

~D

sfer
08-11-2005, 03:18 PM
I can't be the only person who voted for Land Rover.

TaoTe
08-11-2005, 03:19 PM
minivan

jackdaniels
08-11-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be upset about this. They are doing THEMSELVES a disservice by putting race above qualification in their hiring criteria and race above price/availability/quality in the purchasing criteria. It'll come back to bite them in the a$$ eventually. Never mind the karmic effect - beware the Invisible Hand baby!

Duke
08-11-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't be upset about this. They are doing THEMSELVES a disservice by putting race above qualification in their hiring criteria and race above price/availability/quality in the purchasing criteria. It'll come back to bite them in the a$$ eventually. Never mind the karmic effect - beware the Invisible Hand baby!

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of those types of business owners hire like that because they can pay them nothing and not worry about getting called up by various government agencies wondering about why they paid $9 in taxes.

~D

M2d
08-11-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think you respond like this if he were talking about rednecks only hiring rednecks, and implicitly not hiring any sort of minority.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, actually, I do.

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, the word "reverse" is unnecessary. If something is discrimination, there's no need for the word "reverse."

Secondly, how is it such a bad thing to want to keep money in the community? People are always bashing Wal-Mart and such in favor of locally owned stores. What's the difference?

I TOTALLY agree with you on the dim sum though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the main difference is that, in your example, people do this because of corporate policys rather then race.

phage
08-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Hummer

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hummer

[/ QUOTE ]

H2 or H1?

I would give my left nut for an H1, but wouldn't be caught dead as a passenger in an H2. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jackdaniels
08-11-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of those types of business owners hire like that because they can pay them nothing and not worry about getting called up by various government agencies wondering about why they paid $9 in taxes.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to get into a minimum wage discussion on OOT but you very well may be right. The fact that they can't afford to operate if they have to pay minimum wage+associated costs (workers comp etc...) is pretty sad already and if that is the case (rather than the ones thinman refered to - which do it for some "racist" reasons) - I applaud them for giving people work who otherise would be unemployed alltogether.

wh1t3bread
08-11-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

phage
08-11-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hummer

[/ QUOTE ]

H2 or H1?

I would give my left nut for an H1, but wouldn't be caught dead as a passenger in an H2. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
What would you give for the H3? They all give me the shivers. Too big, Too wasteful, take up too much precious parking space. Damn I hate those things /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

xadrez
08-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Saab a.k.a. "Snaab"

TheMainEvent
08-11-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
usually just identify by NJ/Mass plates

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Wintermute
08-11-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
around here if you see a 20 something black guy driving a used lexus then there is a good chance he is going twice the speed limit and will cut you off from 3 lanes over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate the race, not the car.

FatalError
08-11-2005, 03:45 PM
i don't see scion Xb listed

Indiana
08-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Take it from a real a-hole...This is what I drive:

http://www.bmwusa.com/nr/rdonlyres/fc25778b-dd75-44a7-90f0-e0bdec794ef7/0/overview_525xi.jpg

tdarko
08-11-2005, 03:50 PM
i am happy and not surprised that my car hasn't recieved any votes. whew. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Los Feliz Slim
08-11-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hummer

[/ QUOTE ]

Leaving Hummer off this list will be one of my life's greater regrets. I was thinking more about people who drive like douches, as opposed to people who are douches by virtue of what they drive, no matter how polite they are while driving. But your answer is probably correct.

EliteNinja
08-11-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In Vancouver, Benz drivers are the worst drivers on the friggin road. Not signalling, driving over the lane markers, cutting people off, etc. It doesn't matter what age, sex, or race the person driving the Benz is, just that whoever drives a Benz tends to be arrogant SOBs who think they own the friggin road.

If you see an East Indian guy with a turbin -- he's the king of the road. If you see an old chinese lady barely tall enough to look over the steering wheel -- she's the queen of the road. Doesn't matter who is at the wheel of a Benz, they're rich and think they're the shiznit and everyone should yield to them.

I always yield to them because I don't want to get into an accident. Drive defensively if you see a Mercedes Benz, everyone.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-11-2005, 04:01 PM
trucks. big trucks.

Luv2DriveTT
08-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Why, are you pissed off because I cut you off? Don't take it personally, you drive like a grandpa.

http://www.fantasycars.com/Audi_TT/Audi_TT_Photos/Audi_TT_Photo_3/tt3.jpg.jpg

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[censored]
08-11-2005, 06:03 PM
I've always been partial to mercedes myself.

joecash
08-11-2005, 06:09 PM
I think people think I cut them off, but my rule is that if you don't have to hit your brake, it's okay. Do you guys agree?

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-11-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Before you jump and vote BMW or Porsche, think about who you get cutoff, etc, by most often. For me it's Lexus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got cut off by a Bentley in Connecticut once. I'd vote Bentley.

stabn
08-11-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think people think I cut them off, but my rule is that if you don't have to hit your brake, it's okay. Do you guys agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you signaled before entering the lane in addition to them not having to brake, yes.

MoreWineII
08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't know, but all people who own oversized SUV's and have less than three kids should be shot in the face. Quit wasting my gas.

Arnfinn Madsen
08-11-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FU. Lick my boots! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

smokingrobot
08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
women in their 40's in Mercedes or any luxury car seem to be the worst.

i've also notice mothers in minivans always want to race at the stop light.

OtisTheMarsupial
08-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Hummers

gunt
08-11-2005, 10:08 PM
anytime is see some middle aged guy in a corvette, i automatically think he is an a hole out cruising for younger poontang, and thinks all girls want him.

Clarkmeister
08-11-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hummers

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this thread about cars?

Nottom
08-11-2005, 11:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

close but the correct answer is a Camaro (thus Chevy)

Sully
08-12-2005, 12:12 AM
You made this poll difficult, as an A-hole is completely different than a douchebag.

A douchebag would be likely to drive the BMW, whereas an A-Hole would be much more likely to drive a Humvee.

Crveballin
08-12-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually coming here to say that.

Jules22
08-12-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ChipWrecked
08-12-2005, 02:46 AM
What's the difference between a Porsche and a porcupine?

With a porcupine, the prick's on the outside.

pokerdirty
08-12-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this would be funny if it wasn't already posted...

Actually, no, it's still not funny.

pokerdirty
08-12-2005, 02:52 AM
Yellow Crown Vics.

[censored] cabbies.

SUVs are annoying as hell too.

ChipWrecked
08-12-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this would be funny if it wasn't already posted...

Actually, no, it's still not funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap, my eyes glazed over from all the 'Chinese in Mercedes' junk and I missed it. Oh well.

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

The Harley has the dirtbag mounted on top.

CanKid
08-12-2005, 03:02 AM
I always run into assholes in pickup trucks.

MrMon
08-12-2005, 03:05 AM
Volvo by a nose over BMW. Because there are no good Volvo drivers.

Volvo drivers come in two flavors, but both drive the world's least reliable car (now that the Yugo is no longer in production) for the same reason - IT'S THE SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD!

Volvo Driver #1 - Because I'm driving THE SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD, I can drive like a complete idiot. In THE SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD, the laws of physics don't apply.

Volvo Driver #2 - Driving is really, really dangerous, so I must get THE SAFEST CAR IN THE WORLD, and then drive very, very safely. At 40 MPH. In the center lane.

It doesn't help that until recently they were the ugliest things on the road. Until the boys at Pontiac decided to out ugly it with the Aztec. And I though the Gremlin was bad.

runner4life7
08-12-2005, 04:32 AM
Women driving SUVs and minivans, not even close I dont need to read any posts here, its way to obvious

oneeye13
08-12-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
usually just identify by NJ/Mass plates

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP = made it say something i didn't mean? make your own damn post

08-12-2005, 04:40 AM
http://www.jasonbuckley.com/blog/images/bush_car.jpg
http://www.eriegaynews.com/blogimages/fullimages/2004rally/rally46_f.jpg

blatz
08-12-2005, 04:51 AM
I can't remember the last time I was cut off by an IROC...but they are so in the hall of fame that it doesn't matter.

Hummer's next...A car that can take a word like that and give it negative conotation...wow...that aint easy.

bones
08-12-2005, 04:53 AM
Camaros. [censored] those motherfuckers.

renodoc
08-12-2005, 02:56 PM
They either have a jesus fish or a Kerry/Edwards sticker on them.

touchfaith
08-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Still no votes for my Pathfinder...

It's nice to be loved.

/images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

itsmesteve
08-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Jeeps. . . especially Liberties. It just seems like smallish (comparatively) jeep SUV=woman who has no concept of what's going on around her.

JinX11
08-12-2005, 04:55 PM
White vans. When you see somebody driving a white van on the road, you can bet your ass that he is an a-hole and an awful [censored] driver. It never fails.

Jersey Nick
08-12-2005, 06:36 PM
VW Jetta. First new car for every idiot driver 18-25. I drive a VW Passat and I'm an excellent driver (I drive real slow in the driveway), so I couldn't vote for VW as a brand.

Boris
08-12-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm surprised there's only 4 votes for Acura.

TheBlueMonster
08-12-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
nah, too many older people drive them and would consider grandma a douchebag....don't answer that

andyfox
08-12-2005, 07:03 PM