PDA

View Full Version : Selling my car to a nun

08-11-2005, 02:41 PM
I posted yesterday about selling my 1998 Taurus and getting something else for it. Well a nun came by today to look at it and wants to buy it. I told her I'd give it to her for $3700 which is the asking price and she asked me to hold the car for her till tomorrow or Saturday when she could come by with a check for it.

She offered to give me a cashier's check for $1000 in the meantime as deposit money but I told her that she was a nun so her word was good enough for me.

Here are the questions.

Was I smart for doing this? I figured that if you can't trus a nun, who can you trust?

Should I accept a personal check from her for the car when she comes by? Again, I figure that she is a nun from the area, so she is probably the person least likely to give me a bad check.

DcifrThs
08-11-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figure that she is a nun from the area, so she is probably the person least likely to screw me

[/ QUOTE ]

in this regard you are correct.

-Barron

08-11-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I figure that she is a nun from the area, so she is probably the person least likely to screw me

[/ QUOTE ]

in this regard you are correct.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Edited.

arod4276
lmao

TheIrishThug
but if it were a priest, well then, they r def trying to screw u.

JoshuaD
08-11-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I accept a personal check from her for the car when she comes buy? Again, I figure that she is a nun from the area, so she is probably the person least likely to screw me by giving me a bad check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find out what parish she's working for and get documentation of the sale. As long as you've got that, I'd be comfortable taking the personal check.

Shajen
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was I smart for doing this? I figured that if you can't trus a nun, who can you trust?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I accept a personal check from her for the car when she comes buy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say yes. Obviously, her check should have all the pertinent info, just find out what church/convent/whatever she belongs to and make sure you know where it is in case something comes up.

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Is the asking price lower then the blue-book value?

If so, you may be able to claim the difference as a charitable donation.

08-11-2005, 02:50 PM
I just realised I've never seen a nun in real life. Am i the only one? /images/graemlins/frown.gif I wanna meet a nun......

oneeye13
08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
rip her off. those [censored] people need to learn about the real [censored] world.

08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the asking price lower then the blue-book value?

If so, you may be able to claim the difference as a charitable donation.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's worth about 300 more according to KBB than what I sold it for. Would this be a deduction that I'd take or a credit?

Talk2BigSteve
08-11-2005, 02:59 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007LPSFY.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Did she look like this?

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

M2d
08-11-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured that if you can't trus a nun, who can you trust?

[/ QUOTE ]
it's spelled "truss", and I don't think most nuns are into kinky stuff like that.

also, she'll be in a taurus. it's not like she'll be able to out run you if you came looking for you.

djoyce003
08-11-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but if it were a priest, well then, they r def trying to screw u.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he's a 12 year old boy.

poker-penguin
08-11-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Only if he's a 12 year old boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He posts on OOT - so it's 6-5 pickem on that.

schwza
10-24-2005, 11:02 AM
this would be a pretty awesome scam if she were not actually a nun. it's not like you have to show your nun liscence to get one of those outfits (habit?)

diebitter
10-24-2005, 11:04 AM
I heard it's really easy to seduce nuns.

Can you try and post a field report?

peterchi
10-24-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My sister is in the process of becoming a nun.

She once hooked up with one of my roommates, back when I was an undergrad. My roommate was 21, she was 28. They didn't have sex though, she hit the brakes when he whipped out a condom.

She still swears a lot. I feel like she might have to cut back on that.

However, I don't think she is seducable anymore. But I've been told repeatedly that she's hot, so, you might have fun trying.

diebitter
10-24-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She once hooked up with one of my roommates, back when I was an undergrad. My roommate was 21, she was 28....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I heard it in the context of how naive they were. I doubt someone joining at 28 would be naive.

I have absolutely no idea how nunnification works - I assumed you did it straight from school - obviously not.

peterchi
10-24-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She once hooked up with one of my roommates, back when I was an undergrad. My roommate was 21, she was 28....

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I heard it in the context of how naive they were. I doubt someone joining at 28 would be naive.

I have absolutely no idea how nunnification works - I assumed you did it straight from school - obviously not.

[/ QUOTE ]
She's actually 31 now, and just starting it all.

I asked her if this was a normal age to join a convent -- she said nowadays it is. It was a long time ago that girls would join straight out of high school or anything like that.

You're also allowed to have already had children, but they have to be above a certain age, and you'd have to get the marriage annulled, and commit to celebacy starting from then on.

BeerMoney
10-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Did she try and Jew you down?