PDA

View Full Version : middle pair flop - 5-10 full w/ position

gomberg
08-11-2005, 02:39 PM
5-10 8 handed

UTG ($1500) raises to $40 - this is a real hand from him, AK or a decent pair usually. I call on button w/ 6d7d ($1500). Blinds fold (as does a poster).

Flop ($105) 36Qr. Villain bets $70. This bet doesn't really tell me anything. I also don't know his follow through frequency with nothing on the turn, so raise to $170... Comments? Is this standard, is my raise too small? I've been playing aggro and it seems like the table is afraid of me at the moment (played tight for a while and was now in a LAG mode for the last round).

Yeti
08-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Sometimes I'll call if I think he has AK, or if it turns out he doesn't, if I think I'll bust him if i improve. Sometimes I will raise. Most of the time I'll fold.

BobboFitos
08-11-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I'll call if I think he has AK, or if it turns out he doesn't, if I think I'll bust him if i improve. Sometimes I will raise. Most of the time I'll fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i like this

lapoker17
08-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Don't love the raise, but I think a call is OK - player dependent.

Was there a diamond on the flop? If so, a lot of turns improve your hand/draw.

I don't think it's worth it at all to try and raise out a missed AK .

autobet
08-11-2005, 03:35 PM
I'll usually fold preflop.

Raising to $200 will make it more likely he will let AK or a medium pair go.

If you have a backdoor flush draw, I would just call the flop and see what developes on the turn.

gomberg
08-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm trying to mix up my flop raises a little more lately. I usually call here if I think I can draw out / take the pot away later - but I think raising the flop is more fun. Especially here as it's a very uncoordinated board and he has to be scared of a set as my raise was pretty small (or at least a Q). Just thought I'd throw a raise in there. He folded after thinking for a while - probably AK or a mid pocket. If I get called, I'll check behind and probably have 5 outs twice - or can bluff if I feel like it (although a couple bad attempts at this and it can get quite expensive).

As far as preflop - no way do I fold this w/ 150BB stacks w/ position when I have a scary image.

9cao
08-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I think calling will slow him down if he has AK or middle pair, and then you can fire if he checks to you on the turn. Big upside if he really has a hand (cheaper if you miss, and nice win if you improve), downside is if he catches on the turn (2 or 6 outs) or will fire a second barrel with air.