IronDragon1
08-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Suspension ends tonight-any reactions?

brettbrettr
08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
Rafe Furst? Suspended? What did he do?

wh1t3bread
08-11-2005, 02:12 PM
Yes, I hope the Orioles cut his ass. But that probably won't happen. I really think he needs to come out and tell the truth. Tell people exactly what happened and why he did it.

If he comes out and says, "I screwed up. I'm getting old. My knee is in bad shape and I was under all this pressure to reach these milestones. I never took steroids before and in a moment of weakness I did. etc. etc. etc."

If he comes out and tells the truth, I think I can start to forgive his actions.

craig r
08-11-2005, 02:17 PM
From what I saw on ESPN he probably will not be playing tonight though.

craig

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I hope the Orioles cut his ass. But that probably won't happen. I really think he needs to come out and tell the truth. Tell people exactly what happened and why he did it.

If he comes out and says, "I screwed up. I'm getting old. My knee is in bad shape and I was under all this pressure to reach these milestones. I never took steroids before and in a moment of weakness I did. etc. etc. etc."

If he comes out and tells the truth, I think I can start to forgive his actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, that's an aweful convienent version of 'the truth'.

How about "I've taken roids all along, lied to Congress and could careless about the integrity of this game'.

Sounds closer imo.

wh1t3bread
08-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Yeah, just an example. If the truth is more like what you are saying then A) he goes to prison for perjury and B) he doesn't deserve any forgiveness from fans.

The fact of the matter is that he isnt volunteering an explantion like the one that I give. Which means that its probably more like what you said. And that is sad.

alta_chuttes
08-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Don't expect any apology or explanation

Raffy won't talk, certainly not anytime soon (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-sp.palmeiro11aug11,1,1580972.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines)

[ QUOTE ]
"Pending review by that committee, there will be no other public comment," Tellem's statement said. "Raffy looks forward to rejoining the Orioles [today], and he will focus his attention on baseball."

Before Tellem's statement, Palmeiro and his advisers, in talking with the team, had considered holding a news conference for the Oriole to talk further about how the steroid - reportedly stanozolol - may have entered his system and was uncovered in a drug test, according to officials knowledgeable about the team. But his representatives decided against such a public forum.

[/ QUOTE ]