PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision

DOTTT
08-11-2005, 02:04 PM
$5-$10 8 handed tricky lag opens for $35 in the CO, he’s been running over the table lately I make it $110 with 79d on the button, blinds fold, he calls. He respects me but knows I can make moves like these from time to time, especially against him. I have $2100 he has me covered.

Flop comes:
Ac 8d 2d

He leads out for $200, I make it $600, he calls.

Turn is 2s.
He bets $200, what’s your play here?

After he called my flop raise I was basically just gonna hope he checks the turn to me so I can get a free river. After the weak turn bet does anyone make a play at it here, what if the river blanks and I'm faced with another annoying blocking bet? I think there's a good chance he has a weak ace here and is trying to get to a cheap show down, but I guess he can also have AK.

Thoughts?

thabadguy
08-11-2005, 02:07 PM
Flop raise is bad.
As of now call the turn.

DOTTT
08-11-2005, 02:25 PM
He'll lead out with a lot of hands here. Any PP any ace, or just complete air sometimes.

AZK
08-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Right, but I think badguy is saying if you call the flop it looks a lot scarier. It's probably easier to take the pot down on the turn too.

jrforman
08-11-2005, 06:32 PM
I think your opponent has either one of two hands here, and in only one case can you win this hand. Its possible he has a monster hand (set, turned full boat) and wants you to raise the turn and get you all-in drawing dead. Second option, is he has a higher draw to the flush and is looking to represent the former hand to buy himself a cheap river. As such, I think your best play is to just call the bet and evaluate his river decision before you commit anymore money into the pot. Keeping in mind by calling you can represent a monster hand (aces full) and get him off a flush if thats what he is in fact drawing to or lay down a weaker ace like you suggested in your post.