PDA

View Full Version : routine laydown? 5/10 6max

steaknshake925
08-11-2005, 01:29 PM
i havnt play NL in a while, so just trying to get a checkup

party 5/10 6 handed, villain has about 1200, i cover him
only played a few orbits with villain but he has been quiet

i raise to $35 from CO w/ KQ (suits dont matter), villain calls from SB.

flop is K 10 9. villain checks, i bet $40, he CRs to $100, I call

turn is K 10 9 K. villain bets the pot, i fold.

standard?

thabadguy
08-11-2005, 01:40 PM
I would think so, yes. Rainbow flop i assume

9cao
08-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Why call flop CR if you are going fold when you hit the only card you were looking for? Did you hope Villain would slow down after checkraising the flop because given the circumstances I would say that rarely happens. Most times I fold the flop after CR but if I call there I am going to try to showdwon this hand after I hit 2nd king........but I guess that is why I fold flop most times.

steaknshake925
08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why call flop CR if you are going fold when you hit the only card you were looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought about folding but called becuz the CR was so small, i had straight outs, and alot of times people will slow down after gettin called on the flop.

lapoker17
08-11-2005, 02:53 PM
This is how I would think about the hand as well.

savman
08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
i run into this situation all the time. before a decisin can be made i think your table image and villains style should be considered. i raise a lot of pots, table dependant of course, therefore i get played back at with less than rock crushers all the time...also you say it is six handed..is it six max, or full ring sitting short. if the game is full ring sitting short, you have not been getting out of line, and villain has not been getting out of line then it is an easy fold...if it is 6 max and u have been raising a lot of pots and taking them down with continuatoin bets then a case can be made for calling here imo. i am an idiot, just reread post about few orbits with villain...i fold. always assume the other guy is a pansy until he shows u otherwise.

captZEEbo1
08-11-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
alot of times people will slow down after gettin called on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

only if they were on pure bluff and just give it up on flop.