PDA

View Full Version : Losing early

Scorpion
08-11-2005, 01:16 PM
It seems to me that I always lose early in a session, losing 15-20 big bets. Then it is an uphill battle to try to climb back to the plus column. Could there be something I am doing that I may not know about?

unreal_nh
08-11-2005, 01:22 PM
is playing too loose early on a possibility?

Scorpion
08-11-2005, 01:30 PM
I don't think I am playing too loose. I might be trying to semibluff someone who will not fold not knowing this at the time. Should i stop the semi-bluffing until I get a better read on the players?

rwanger
08-11-2005, 01:37 PM
This routinely happens to me no-limit because most of my profit comes from those few big pots. So if you're playing nl, I wouldn't worry too much.

Also, if you don't win the first pot or two that you're involved in (in any form of poker), then you'll of course be down...which will happen most of the time.

How far down are you talking?

08-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Perhaps you should play ABC poker for a while until you get a read on the players at your table - then you will have a better idea of when to use a semi-bluff and other strategies.

Mr. Curious
08-11-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you should play ABC poker for a while until you get a read on the players at your table - then you will have a better idea of when to use a semi-bluff and other strategies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hits the nail on the head...

08-11-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hits the nail on the head...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Now if I could just play as well as I post, I'd be in business.