PDA

View Full Version : AA hand, betting the naked A on the turned flush

jhall23
08-11-2005, 01:07 PM
With 3 others to the flop I thought it might be dangerouse to continuation bet this with the straight/flush draws present. Probably don't have much chance of 3 folds and then I'd have to give up on the turn or shove it in. I decided I would check it instead and then pot bet/raise if the flush comes. If the flush doesn't come and it's ragged I probably bet as well if still checked to.

What do you think of plays like this in SSPLO? I know people are generally pretty bad, but it does seem many are still very afraid when obvious nut hands are out.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.25 BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($9.75)
Hero ($25.30)
Button ($34.65)
SB ($23.07)
BB ($29.82)
UTG ($54.95)
UTG+1 ($24.65)
MP1 ($47.01)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.75, MP1 calls $0.75, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($4.60) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($4.60) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10.4</font>

joewatch
08-11-2005, 01:16 PM
You never know when somebody at this level might grow a brain, so I think your play is fine. If you get called, it is a coinflip whether you should continue your bluff on the river. Don't forget, villain might have Jc9c. I think a fold on the turn is OK since you don't have much invested in this pot.

abscr
08-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I will usually only make this play against specific people I have notes on. I see too many people going all out with the second and third high flushes for this naked A play to be profitable.

autobet
08-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Good play against the right players.

jhall23
08-11-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will usually only make this play against specific people I have notes on. I see too many people going all out with the second and third high flushes for this naked A play to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree fo sho. In this hand there was at least 1 fishy guy in, but he didn't seem like the fishy type that calls too much, more like too aggressive in bad spots (going broke with AAxx on the flop with no help). Others were generally unoticed after being there for a while so they hadn't done anything totally donkified yet or I would have taken a note.

Everyone folded so it worked this time. With the checks around on the flop and the weak bet I thought I had a decent shot at picking it up.

Everyone like the flop check regardless of the move on the turn?

I figured if I was even going to attempt it I needed to check and keep the pot small otherwise a lower flush or straight might feel more committed and I wouldn't have near as much fold equity on the turn.

But even if I wasn't going to bluff the flush I don't think a bet on this flop had much success of picking up the pot.

autobet
08-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Usually you would expect the preflop raiser to follow through if they had the nut flush draw. However, you are right the money is not deep enough to scare off a flush if you bet the flop.

You can think about betting the flop hoping you have the best hand, and you have the nut flush blocker.