PDA

View Full Version : my views on a few vegas poker rooms

ohkanada
03-24-2003, 12:03 PM
I just came back from Vegas last night and played in 4 places.

Orleans - The poker room is nice sized but as with many things at the Orleans has a dirty and old feeling to it. I only played live play twice. The 1st time was Wednesday at midnight and then again Sunday morning. Both times the poker room was quiet and not much game selection. The only hold'em games at those times was 4-8 with 1-2 blinds. The games were dull and not very enjoyable.

Mandalay Bay - Small low limit room. Very nice looking and comfortable room. I played Thursday and Friday before the 10 a.m. tournaments. On Thursday it was 4-8 HE. The game was very good but there was a drunk and a few other players that were arguing and it didn't make the game much fun. The fact I didn't win a hand until 5 minutes before the tourney started probably added to the non-fun. There was some great pots. Lots of gambling. Mostly tourists with a few locals. On Friday I sat for a few minutes at 1-5 Stud. Mostly locals. Boring game with no ante's.

Mirage - Nice sized poker room. Very nice room. I met the PokerBabe! She was playing 10-20 and then 20-40 HE. I played here 2 different times. I played some 6-12 HE on Thursday afternoon. The game was pretty good. Seemed like a mix of locals and tourists. Not overly aggressive. Yesterday I played for a bit at 6-12 HE again. The game just opened up and it seemed to be mostly locals. More aggressive than Thursday. I switched and played some 5-10 Omaha-8. Game was enjoyable. The game seemed quite beatable although I only played for an hour or so.

Bellagio - Big poker room. The poker room seems more rundown then in the past. Still the place to play.I saw both S & M although I didn't introduce myself. S was playing 60-120. M was playing 30-60. I watched him for a while but I don't think he played a hand. I also thought I saw Carlos Mortensen but I may have been mistaken. I played 4-8 HE for an hour late on Thursday night. I played the whole day on Saturday. The place was very busy all day long. I did well at 4-8 HE early and late in the day and was crushed at 8-16 HE in the afternoon. I found the 4-8 HE game varied wildly. Sometimes the game was full of tourists and other times mostly locals. I even played at one table where 1/2 the players were female (mostly 60+). The 8-16 had a mix of very good locals, some terrible locals and some tourists. I think my loss was mostly because players kept on flopping sets against me, I couldn't hit a draw if I tried and of course I made some poor decisions. I also played some 1-5 Stud with an ante with a co-worker.

Ken Poklitar

scalf
03-24-2003, 01:52 PM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif gr8 report...gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/club.gif