PDA

View Full Version : Why don't more people do fantasy auctions

Paluka
08-11-2005, 11:14 AM
All the fantasy football and baseball leagues I play in use auctions rather than draft. Drafts blow.

The Armchair
08-11-2005, 11:29 AM
They take forever, almost have to be done in person (this site (http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy?:internal:command=20000) is the best way around that, but it's still slow), and require owners who have done their homework -- you can't really just do it from a cheat sheet.

Therefore, you have a hard time finding owners who are willing.

Paluka
08-11-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They take forever, almost have to be done in person (this site (http://www.fantasyauctioneer.com/proxy?:internal:command=20000) is the best way around that, but it's still slow), and require owners who have done their homework -- you can't really just do it from a cheat sheet.

Therefore, you have a hard time finding owners who are willing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drafts still blow.

Paluka
08-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I did want to say that draft is not nearly as bad for baseball as it is for football. Draft in football is super crappy.

The Armchair
08-11-2005, 12:50 PM
That wasn't your question /images/graemlins/smile.gif

In any event, if you have enough people to do an auction, you're better off using my dynasty league's rules.

CCass
08-11-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All the fantasy football and baseball leagues I play in use auctions rather than draft. Drafts blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. There is a lot more stategy in an auction. A draft is more luck of the draw.

wayabvpar
08-11-2005, 04:46 PM
Auctions make draft night fun. Unfortunately, they also make it damned near impossible to trade value for value during the season, so if your high priced first pick goes down, you are buggered.

jstnrgrs
08-11-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm new to FF.

How do auctions work? (How is the order in which the players are auctioned determined?) Is every player in the NFL put on the auction block.

How about a system in which the top 2N players (where N is the number of teams in the league) are auctioned, and then there is a draft after that. Is that ever done? I think that would be cool.