PDA

View Full Version : no sleep for the stupid

exist
08-11-2005, 10:51 AM
i don't know how many NoDoz i've taken tonight, all to stay awake for a final in a class i should have passed last semester. i can barely [censored] stay awake, let alone do calculus... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

dcasper70
08-11-2005, 10:54 AM
just lie back & try for a quick nap, go ahead, you'll wake up with plenty of time to spare /images/graemlins/grin.gif

exist
08-11-2005, 10:56 AM
for some reason that is hilarious right now... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-11-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for some reason that is hilarious right now... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You're [censored].

exist
08-11-2005, 12:03 PM
hey, hey, i'm gonna be a rocket scientist too! nice fro.

miajag81
08-11-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey, hey, i'm gonna be a rocket scientist too!

[/ QUOTE ]

And you can't pass calculus? That's reassuring.

Indiana
08-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Someday u'll look back and laugh at this all. Just tough it out and get through the day. None of this will in truth have any real impact on your future.

Indy

jackdaniels
08-11-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Someday u'll look back and laugh at this all. Just tough it out and get through the day. None of this will in truth have any real impact on your future.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

This - it is wise.

Indiana
08-11-2005, 01:02 PM
Thing is, I used to pull all-nighters and think the world was going to end everytime I got an A- or something like that. Calculus is important, but in undergrad u just need to make a B or C and get a general feel for what's going on. When you get to grad. school you will learn the areas of calculus that apply to your discipline. For me in statistics it had a lot to do with asymptotics and such, so things like the integral test and Taylor's series were important. I sort of recalled them from my undergraduate days, but relearning them there on the spot more than made up for any lost memory.

Indy