PDA

View Full Version : Question to all Religions

Cyrus
08-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Jesus Christ, according to the Bible, was resurrected from the dead and then He levitated to the skies where He joined His Father.

From a purely scientific point of view and without involving any godly powers :

durron597
08-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Levitating is a difficult physics problem. Getting resurrected is a difficult biology problem. Difficult biology problems are much more difficult than physics problems.

Piers
08-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Have more people:

A Levitated up to the sky.

B Recovered after being clinically dead.

?

John Cole
08-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Now if you phrased it "Resurrecting yourself from the dead," we may have more to ponder.

Victor
08-11-2005, 03:41 PM
people come back to life all the time. someone proly just did right now. and again right now.

ive never heard of someone actually levitating tho.

Cyrus
08-12-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
people come back to life all the time. someone proly just did right now. and again right now. ive never heard of someone actually levitating tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can imagine instances where Medicine, Biology and Chemistry bring back a dead person to life -- it's not possible right now and I can't get past the damaged-brain obstance.

But it sure seems a hell of a lot "easier" (relatively speaking) when compared to levitation.

Nonetheless, people here are voting overwhelmingly the other way! Perhaps it's the fact that, as an act, levitation seems very "simple", i.e. a person rising up a coupla feet off the ground, while resurrection involves Lab People With White Clothes Doing Serious Work In Silence -- or Jesus Christ.

All this is not too uplifting, I tell you.

Rev. Good Will
08-12-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have more people:

A Levitated up to the sky.

B Recovered after being clinically dead.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

recovered after being clinically dead != resurrection

PairTheBoard
08-12-2005, 03:23 AM
If the resurrected Jesus had a real physical body that levitated to the sky, what happenned to it then? How far did it go? Is it still up there somewhere in outerspace?

PairTheBoard

EliteNinja
08-12-2005, 03:29 AM
David Copperfield can freakin fly! Not just levitate.

TaoTe
08-12-2005, 04:10 AM
Don't doctors bring people back who have "died" for short periods of time. Yet, I've never seen a person levitate like superman.