PDA

View Full Version : $22: Bubble; do I have FE here?

spentrent
08-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Level:8 Blinds(200/400)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 4

Seat 1: PlayerA ( $2955 )
Seat 2: HERO ( $900 )
Seat 4: PlayerB ( $2925 )
Seat 5: PlayerC ( $1220 )

Blinds(200/400)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ 7s 5s ]
PlayerA folds.
HERO is all-In [900]

PlayerC has $820 after posting. Will he pass up his pot odds here?

If I am PlayerC, should I call with any two? EDIT: If not, what range should I call with?

lastchance
08-11-2005, 06:34 AM
If you are playerC, you call with any 2, and it's really not a close decision.

Folding this is a very good idea, I think.

Myst
08-11-2005, 06:43 AM
If you were SB and Player C was BB, you should push, and he should call.

Id probably fold this though given your situation.

bennies
08-11-2005, 06:44 AM
I agree it's not a close call from the bb.

Whether you should push depends on his level of fishyness. Is he a small fish, medium rare, well done, with or without tender meat etc. Only if he really is a beautiful specimen do I like your push, in my experience donks will fold here maybe twice out of 5.

lastchance
08-11-2005, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Whether you should push depends on his level of fishyness. Is he a small fish, medium rare, well done, with or without tender meat etc. Only if he really is a beautiful specimen do I like your push, in my experience donks will fold here maybe twice out of 5.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, I may underestimate donks, but I really doubt they fold 40% of the time.

I agree with Myst. Unless your opponent is the worst player in the world and you have seen him fold a hand in this spot before, do not push.

Folding this and waiting another 2 hands for either other small guy to bust or to pick up a hand worth pushing (which isn't much, but 75s isn't it), should be a very good idea.

tigerite
08-11-2005, 07:14 AM
Yeah, I'd want something a little better than 57s. Like J3o, for instance.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t4040)
BB (t1165)
Hero (t620)
Button (t2175)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t620 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t1070

Myst
08-11-2005, 07:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, I may underestimate donks, but I really doubt they fold 40% of the time.

I agree with Myst. Unless your opponent is the worst player in the world and you have seen him fold a hand in this spot before, do not push.

Folding this and waiting another 2 hands for either other small guy to bust or to pick up a hand worth pushing (which isn't much, but 75s isn't it), should be a very good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

To add to that, the possibility of the BB calling with a Ax, KT+ hand from an SB push is VERY VERY real, especially at the limits you are playing at. Thats why I try to push less as the blinds get past 200/400.