PDA

View Full Version : How confused am I?? Another A9 hand $55

ChuckNorris
08-11-2005, 05:21 AM
1) Is this okay usually?
2) Is this okay since I have a read on the BB that they're calling with every A, many K's, all pockets, maybe some total crap like J9s?

Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 5
Seat 3: Mulperi ( $1055 )
Seat 4: KINGER19181 ( $1100 )
Seat 5: Dacapo79 ( $1580 )
Seat 7: larisa ( $2620 )
Seat 9: messdog_usmc ( $3645 )
Blinds(100/200)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Mulperi [ Ac 9s ]
Mulperi is all-In [1055]

bones
08-11-2005, 05:38 AM
Without knowing the ranges of the other players (set smaller stacks at avg and SB as loose) and using 22+,A2s+,A3o+,K8s+,K8o+,QJs as BBs range, it came out +1% to push using SNGPT.

Edit: Obviously the more you tighten everyone up, the better the push becomes.

lastchance
08-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I think you have to shove this normally, and even with a loose BB, A9o is good enough, especially since you're posting t300 in blinds next round or two.

Shillx
08-11-2005, 05:48 AM
Yeah there is nothing wrong with pushing here. Even if the BB calls a lot, it isn't that bad if the other people play too tight or too loose. People actually have to play pretty well in this spot in order to make pushing wrong (considering that know what you have). Just because it might end up being a -EV push doesn't mean that you should fold. I push here.

Brad

FWIW - AJo is the 1st +EV push here face up. So if AJo has to make money, A9o will make money a lot of the time. It is hands like A7 and such that are pitfalls. Off suit aces really fall off in value beyond A9 or so.

tigerite
08-11-2005, 05:49 AM
You have 5BB, about to hit the blinds, and a pretty damn decent hand. This is an easy, easy push.

bennies
08-11-2005, 05:59 AM
I push both of them also. If he calls with K8 I'd be happy about it and even with KJ it is not so bad I think, there are too many players left for gambling to be very wrong.

Shillx, what do you base your ideas on? Why is A7 so much worse than A9? And why does Icm and people in general like suited aces so much? Hey, I'll make my own thread about this...

Shillx
08-11-2005, 06:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I push both of them also. If he calls with K8 I'd be happy about it and even with KJ it is not so bad I think, there are too many players left for gambling to be very wrong.

Shillx, what do you base your ideas on? Why is A7 so much worse than A9? And why does Icm and people in general like suited aces so much? Hey, I'll make my own thread about this...

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why is because they don't run well hot&cold against a random hand. When you are pushing just 5BB into a BB with a big stack, he will be getting decent pot odds to call. You also have to consider that you will sometimes get called by the 3 other players that you have to push through. If you get called in one of these spots, you are basically toast. If your hand does make it all the way to the BB, you would like to have something that can race well since having the BB auto call is the worst case scenario for your EV.

KQo is 61.5% against a random hand.
A5o is 57.7%.

So the ideal in spots like this is to have people pre-BB either be too tight or too loose. If you race against the button who calls off 5 BB freely, you are getting 6.5:5 to run them while you are going 5.5:5 when the BB calls. Them playing too tight should be an obvious perk.

Brad

bennies
08-11-2005, 06:19 AM
Thanks! The KQ vs A5 comparison is good.

However, I still wonder if there should be a big difference between A9 and A7, A6 etc. You say the value of the Ax hand drops quickly from A9 and down, could you elaborate on this?

Feel free to reply in my thread about hand rankings instead/also? /images/graemlins/smile.gif