PDA

View Full Version : flopped a set with a flush on board

muckyouraces
08-11-2005, 03:39 AM
$5-$10 NL game. just sat down. no read on anyone yet. everyone has about $1000. MP raises to $40.
I call with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB calls and UTG calls. (5 players) Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG player bets $80. the raiser folds, and I call, the other players fold (we are heads up now). the turn is a 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif he bets $130 now, and I just call (thinking he has a flush and I am drawing to a full house). river is a A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif He checks to me. I value bet $130 and he check raises me all in. Should I have checked the river? should I have played after the flop differently considering the flush on the board and so many players seeing a flop?

Huckle
08-11-2005, 04:11 AM
You should definitely just have checked behind on the river. There is no way someone would call a bet here with something you have beat, and if you're lucky, you might just win the pot with your set.

edge
08-11-2005, 04:20 AM
I raise the flop. If UTG doesn't have a flush, calling is making a big mistake when you let a player behind draw to a flush cheaply. If he does have it, you have good outs. If he reraises, you can fold or push. With no reads, folding is likely better, but I'm overaggressive and would probably push and suck out.