PDA

View Full Version : So, im 19 and have 5 & 14 year old aunts... weird ?

kasey2004
08-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Anyone else have strange generation gaps or odd ages of relatives like this ?

Long story short, my dad's dad messed around on his wife with a 16 or 17 year old and had 2 kids, that are now 6 and 14 years old. So my 50 year old dad has a 6 year old sister.

I just met them tonight because my Dad's dad doesnt live around here nor my dad who lives in Baltimore, they were both here the past couple days and i found this a tad strange, anyone else have familys with similar situations ?

and is this odd ?

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

shant
08-11-2005, 02:55 AM
I have a cousin like this. He's my age, but he's my dad's cousin. What does that make him to me? Second cousin? Some sort of uncle?

kasey2004
08-11-2005, 02:58 AM
hm... i dont know what that would be...

i guess a better question for my first post would be does anyone have a more strange age gap or whatever than this ?

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Chairman Wood
08-11-2005, 03:09 AM
Kind of.... Nothing quite as dramatic as you but a little strange. I'm 23 and I believe my oldest cousin is 69. On that side of the family the youngest cousin is 51. So what ended up happening is my dad is 12 years younger than his oldest sister and 10 years younger than the other one, he was an accident. Then he got married late and didn't start a family until he was in his 40's. Then I was an accident and am 12 years younger than my oldest sibling.