PDA

View Full Version : Good Stop and Go?

Hendricks433
08-11-2005, 02:03 AM
Too good to fold pf right? I almost checked out of habit but then realized he most likely missed the flop so took a stab at it. Is this good most of the time?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1660)
Button (t3865)
Hero (t4000)
BB (t3975)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t800</font>, Hero calls t700, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t1800) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1000</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: t2800

lastchance
08-11-2005, 02:10 AM
I would have shoved preflop. You got AQ + FE. This is good stuff. Villain just put a 1000 chips up for you to take.

Hendricks433
08-11-2005, 02:15 AM
I thought about pushing preflop. I guess I should have. I guess the only hand this play would need to work on is AK or a low pp but I see them call this on the flop alot anyways. I just hate AQ and dont like playing for all my chips with it. He hadnt really been raising all that much so I respect his raises.

wookie
08-11-2005, 02:33 AM
Cards are inanimate objects, hating them does no good.

You are down to four, you are short, and you have a very good hand, especially with four players. Push. - w

Hendricks433
08-11-2005, 02:40 AM
Im short? Im a big stack man. theres a short stack, I want him to bust before I do. Also cards are not inanimate objects by any means. If my opponent has been tight what does he raise with here? I think I should of pushed because AQ is better seeing all 5 cards than just 3. And I have FE to push him off his hand.

08-11-2005, 03:02 AM
I push preflop and, if I only called, probably would've made a similar bet on that flop.

smoore
08-11-2005, 03:11 AM
good stop-n-go... you can make AK fold here with your "pocket pair". He's not laying down preflop. You can make a small poket pair lay down here with that ugly board. He's not going anywhere preflop either. If you simply raise 1800 preflop you've spent 100 more chips to try to get the same result... and he may hit the flop.

david050173
08-11-2005, 03:15 AM
This isn't a stop and go. It is a semibluff. Push all in and we can call it a stop and go. What was your plan if he pushed into you?

Pete H
08-11-2005, 03:16 AM
I don't like this move at all.

What are you going to do if villain realizes that the flop probably missed you too and pushes over the top?

With a hand that good I'd just push preflop. That way my opponent doesn't get a free shot to hit the flop.

After the preflop call it's push or check/fold. And that spot looks good for pushing.

[ QUOTE ]
Im short? Im a big stack man. theres a short stack, I want him to bust before I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does your villain and that's why he's thinking really hard before calling preflop push with small/mid pair.

Edit: Donkeys are always behind. David beat me by a minute with the what if question.

lastchance
08-11-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about pushing preflop. I guess I should have. I guess the only hand this play would need to work on is AK or a low pp but I see them call this on the flop alot anyways. I just hate AQ and dont like playing for all my chips with it. He hadnt really been raising all that much so I respect his raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
When Villain is raising most aces, most pairs and more, there are times where you need to resteal. AQ is a very good hand that should have much of Villain's range crushed.

Playing this pot OOP by calling is not good, and pushing is clearly +EV, while folding is not. So please, push back preflop.