PDA

View Full Version : Party 10/20 JJ hand deep stacks

Jonny
08-11-2005, 01:30 AM
Party Poker 10/20, 7 handed.

I ($4500)am in the Co with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+1 limps, Villian in MP($3400) makes it 40. He is very loose and agressive PF. His numbers are 42/20 after 125 hands. Postflop I really havent seen him get that tricky so far. Anyways, I make it 150 and only villian calls.

Flop is 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif check/check. Reasoning here is that I did not want to get c/r'ed by a draw, and I wanted too see what he did on the turn. After all, I am in position.

Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif He bets $325 into a $350 pot. I minraise to 650. Plan here is to release if he comes over the top. This will also charge a semibluff if he has a naked spade/overcard combo. On the river I am planning on checking behind.

Until... the river is the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, He checks, I bet 1000 into a 1650 pot.

Comments? Particularly the turn play. Thanks in advance.

fisherman112
08-11-2005, 01:44 AM
i like the flop and turn play, it makes the hand very cheap for you if you're behind and since you said he doesnt make many big moves postflop, the chance of a rebluff is slim.

that said, i think the bet on the river is a little too big. after you minraised the turn, villain has to have you on a pretty strong hand and i dont see any hand that calls you on the river. except maybe an oddly played QsQx (which would make me puke) and, if you're lucky, TT.
id bet like 600.
although checking behind isnt terrible if he's tight with his river play. (not that i ever do that)

thabadguy
08-11-2005, 02:00 AM
How often do you minraise? and with what?

Jonny
08-11-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say that it's possible for me to minraise a boat there, or it is trying to see where I'm at. I usually minraise for those 2 reasons. TBG, how is my river bet?

mythrilfox
08-11-2005, 09:48 AM
No offense but if you say you minraise a boat there I just think you're fishing for an excuse to minraise. I don't minraise, I don't minraise boats, and I wouldn't minraise a boat there. Your stacks are deep and you're in position, you want to stack him with a boat, not control the pot size.

Bet flop, at this juncture allowing a free spade to come and let any [censored] hand beat you isn't worth it IMO. If he has the balls to check/raise you on the flop with just a draw (you said he isn't tricky, right?) then kudos to him for winning the pot. I think he's more likely to bluff over the top on the turn than he is on a flop check/raise.

slickpoppa
08-11-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say that it's possible for me to minraise a boat there, or it is trying to see where I'm at. I usually minraise for those 2 reasons. TBG, how is my river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how he will interpret your minraise, but there is absolutely no way he is going to be scared of a boat

Jonny
08-11-2005, 10:23 AM
good point. In this particular case I would NOT minraise a boat there. TBG asked what my minraises usually mean. This guy is new though so he will have no clue. I do think that a small flush would slow down there and give me a cheap showdown however.

Also, if he comes back over the top, its the easiest fold in the world. Also by minraising, he is charged for hands like Ah Ks and the like.

If I had bet the flop and been called, what do I do on the turn? If I fire again and am called, I will have to basically give up if he bets the river. I like to control the pot on this one by not betting the flop.

Any other comments in general?