PDA

View Full Version : Zeno's theme song?

raisins
08-11-2005, 01:03 AM
Like many of you I was impressed with Zeno's taste (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=3046570&Fo rum=f20&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3046570& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=514&daterange=1&new erval=1&newertype=m&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev= #Post3046570) in music.

Zeno, this is a departure from the booty theme, but it's a catchy tune I think you would appreciate: a cover of 50 cent's P.I.M.P. here. (http://www.harmful.org/homedespot/newtdr/NEWtdrARCHIVE/mp3s/popemp3.mp3)

regards,

raisins

Zeno
08-11-2005, 01:36 AM
I listened to the song you linked to.
I enjoyed it.
A lot.

Thank You.

-Zeno

Phat Mack
08-11-2005, 08:18 AM
In turn, I thought I was listening to Zappa, Dan Hicks, Weird Al and Leon Redbone.

Zeno
08-11-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In turn, I thought I was listening to Zappa, Dan Hicks, Weird Al and Leon Redbone.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good mix; I was thinking when listening, 'this sounds much like a Frank Zappa song'. Haven't listened much at all to Dan Hicks (and his hot licks?) but I can understand the Wierd Al and Leon Redbone references also.

-Zeno

Cleaning up loose ends from another thread (about books)

[ QUOTE ]
Zeno,

Have you read Frazer's classic, The Golden Bough? It's a book that you might enjoy dipping in to.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the distant hazy memory of my brain I recall this book being mentioned or I read about the book somewhere. I will add it to my list of 'read this book', which is too long already. Thanks.

raisins
08-11-2005, 09:33 PM
I got the song from a link on the web page of the young Satanist who was photographed dancing on the grave of Ronald Reagan. The web page is ruthlessreviews.com. The link is on the page of top 10 ridiculous rap photos. I can't remember the name of the guy who made it. He owns a small label and does parodies and ridiculous combinations of genres.

Changing the subject, I have also heard good things about the Golden Bough. I'm not very likely to attempt the unabridged version, it's like 8 or 10 volumes, but maybe the abridged. I've had it on my 'to read' list since seeing it Marlon Brando's stack in Apocalypse Now when I was 13 or so.

regards,

raisins