PDA

View Full Version : Six degrees of Kevin Bacon

RRRRICK
08-11-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm sure you have all heard of the theory of six degrees of separation. As the above suggests, take any actor and link them to Kevin Bacon in 6 moves or less. The trick is not so much to be successful as it is to actual find someone who you cant link to him.

Bacon has been in quite a few ensemble films or played supporting roles with big names. I even managed to link some old timers like Bogart and Jimmy Stewart.

Give it a try

ChipWrecked
08-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Golly, I feel so.... 1988!

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
08-11-2005, 01:01 AM
i have met kevin bacon. i am 1 degree suckas!!!1

Dynasty
08-11-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Golly, I feel so.... 1988!

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/dukakis.jpg

kerssens
08-11-2005, 01:06 AM
someone do Yahoo Serious.

battschr
08-11-2005, 01:08 AM
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/oracle/

kerssens
08-11-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 degrees...that was easy...I acutally just wanted to say the name.

EliteNinja
08-11-2005, 05:26 AM
Omfg, Jackie Chan was 2 degrees
Sammo Hung 2 degrees
Bolo Yeung 2 degrees

omfg, everyone is related to Bacon! wtf?!

bones
08-11-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Oracle says: jenna jameson has a Bacon number of 2.

The Oracle says: vida guerra has a Bacon number of 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well [censored]...

Chris Dow
08-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Brad Jay bitches.

kasey2004
08-11-2005, 06:34 AM
This is crazy !

Ron Jeremy in 2
Jessica Alba in 2
DMX in 2
Eminem in 2
Marilyn Monroe in 2

not even a 3 that i could find.. jeez

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Chris Dow
08-11-2005, 06:51 AM
David Bruhl scores a cool 5

Arnfinn Madsen
08-11-2005, 07:05 AM
I typed in Norwegian actors, and even they get in at 4 or 5 since an fairly unknown US actor played with Bacon and in a Norwegian movie /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

stigmata
08-11-2005, 07:36 AM
There are plenty of people you cant link to bacon. The difficult thing is to find the most famous person who has a degree of seperation of infinity.

My best attempt is:

Sam Davis.

Saddlepoint
08-11-2005, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very cool.

My favorite part is this list (http://oracleofbacon.org/oracle/center_list.html) they put together of the top 100 best "centers" of the Hollywood universe - meaning the actors with the lowest average number of steps to connect them to other actors.

The top ten is,

1) Rod Steiger
2) Christopher Lee
3) Dennis Hopper
4) Donald Sutherland
5) Harvey Keitel
6) Donald Pleasence
7) Max von Sydow
8) Michael Caine
9) Martin Sheen
10) Anthony Quinn

6 Degrees of Rod Steiger?

vabogee
08-11-2005, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave it to a computer geek to take all the fun out of the Kevin Bacon game.

icepick
08-11-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when the Oracle had a "Winner's Board" for people who found actors with Bacon Numbers of 6+, I wrote a program to parse the Internet Movie Database and calculate Bacon numbers.

All I recall was that I found a guy with a Bacon Number of 8, he was Iraqi, and my program took two soild weeks to run. Something about manipulating a couple gigs of data on a Pentium 133 with 64 megs of ram.

icepick
08-11-2005, 10:06 AM
The Oracle says: William Rufus Shafter has a Bacon number of 8.

William Rufus Shafter was in Surrender of General Toral (1898) with Joseph (IV) Wheeler
Joseph (IV) Wheeler was in General Wheeler and Secretary of War Alger at Camp Wikoff (1898) with Russell Alexander Alger
Russell Alexander Alger was in President McKinley's Inspection of Camp Wikoff (1898) with William (I) McKinley
William (I) McKinley was in President McKinley Taking the Oath (1901) with Marcus Hanna
Marcus Hanna was in Opening of the Pan-American Exposition Showing Vice President Roosevelt Leading the Procession (1901) with Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt was in Womanhood, the Glory of the Nation (1917) with Walter McGrail
Walter McGrail was in Dick Tracy vs. Crime Inc. (1941) with Wally Rose
Wally Rose was in Murder in the First (1995) with Kevin Bacon

slickpoppa
08-11-2005, 10:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Oracle says: William Rufus Shafter has a Bacon number of 8.

William Rufus Shafter was in Surrender of General Toral (1898) with Joseph (IV) Wheeler
Joseph (IV) Wheeler was in General Wheeler and Secretary of War Alger at Camp Wikoff (1898) with Russell Alexander Alger
Russell Alexander Alger was in President McKinley's Inspection of Camp Wikoff (1898) with William (I) McKinley
William (I) McKinley was in President McKinley Taking the Oath (1901) with Marcus Hanna
Marcus Hanna was in Opening of the Pan-American Exposition Showing Vice President Roosevelt Leading the Procession (1901) with Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt was in Womanhood, the Glory of the Nation (1917) with Walter McGrail
Walter McGrail was in Dick Tracy vs. Crime Inc. (1941) with Wally Rose
Wally Rose was in Murder in the First (1995) with Kevin Bacon

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a stretch. I don't think McKinley's oath of office should be considered a movie.

M2d
08-11-2005, 11:35 AM
damn
Diane Mizota-2
Aishwarya Rai-2
carrie inaba-2
Kelly Hu-2
Julius Erving-2

vabogee
08-14-2005, 04:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back when the Oracle had a "Winner's Board" for people who found actors with Bacon Numbers of 6+, I wrote a program to parse the Internet Movie Database and calculate Bacon numbers.

All I recall was that I found a guy with a Bacon Number of 8, he was Iraqi, and my program took two soild weeks to run. Something about manipulating a couple gigs of data on a Pentium 133 with 64 megs of ram.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, you're a computer geek who took the fun out of the program that took the fun out of the Kevin Bacon Game. Sweet! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

cnfuzzd
08-14-2005, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you have all heard of the theory of six degrees of separation. As the above suggests, take any actor and link them to Kevin Bacon in 6 moves or less. The trick is not so much to be successful as it is to actual find someone who you cant link to him.

Bacon has been in quite a few ensemble films or played supporting roles with big names. I even managed to link some old timers like Bogart and Jimmy Stewart.

Give it a try

[/ QUOTE ]

so, the point of your post was to encourage people to play a game which has been around for more than a decade. Nice work...

peace

john nickle