PDA

View Full Version : evelyn ng's fame is a joke. . . discuss

glen
08-11-2005, 12:33 AM
does she play cash games or just tourneys. . . if just tournies. . . .

web page (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=22497)

wacki
08-11-2005, 12:43 AM
is that you peachy?

miajag81
08-11-2005, 12:57 AM
I don't know much about her poker game but she is highly overrated in terms of attractiveness.

glen
08-11-2005, 01:02 AM
yes i registered this gimmick account yesterday. . . .

djack
08-11-2005, 02:13 AM
Any non-ugly girl that plays poker is immediately heralded as beautiful.

I think there are too many male geeks in poker.

08-11-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any non-ugly girl that has some kind of talent other than shopping is immediately heralded as beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Diplomat
08-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Not much to discuss man. You are right?

-Diplomat

Justin Smith
08-11-2005, 07:47 AM
have consistant cashes and having your regular game be 100-200.......she is a good solid player.....but there are a buch of guys who do the same......but they are guys......plus she made her way up the ranks with Danny and he is huge in poker now.....

Dominic
08-11-2005, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and how many WSOP events have YOU cashed in?

meow_meow
08-11-2005, 12:35 PM
You forgot to include you own hendon mob link.

Yeknom58
08-11-2005, 01:10 PM
Let me put this one to rest!

1. Being a hot chick is reason enough to be famous.
2. No other skills are required besides being hot.
3. Before all you idiots out there say she isn't that hot blah blah blah...you guys always forget it's RELATIVE HOTNESS. So while she may be a 6.5 in the real world she is most definitely a 9.5 in the poker world.

So if you think being a good looking chick is not a good reason to be famous then, yes her fame is a joke.

phish
08-11-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me put this one to rest!

1. Being a hot chick is reason enough to be famous.
2. No other skills are required besides being hot.
3. Before all you idiots out there say she isn't that hot blah blah blah...you guys always forget it's RELATIVE HOTNESS. So while she may be a 6.5 in the real world she is most definitely a 9.5 in the poker world.

So if you think being a good looking chick is not a good reason to be famous then, yes her fame is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

In CA or Vegas she may be a 6.5. But if you live in one of those colder states where women don't show much skin and hence don't feel the need to keep in such good shape, she's much better than a 6.5

PokerPaul
08-11-2005, 02:08 PM
hmmmm....so who would rank above 9 in the real world amonst poker players?

My vote has to go to Jean gluck who i met last week in L.A.
and her girlfriend was quite something too.

Clonie also gets alot of attention, but she too is exxagerrated on both her looks and poker skills..

lighterjobs
08-11-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oh no you di-int!

Ulysses
08-11-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with this thread?

Ulysses
08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? How do glen's tourney results have anything to do with this thread?

daryn
08-11-2005, 02:49 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&amp;n=29364

booya!

Glenn
08-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Glen's tourney results are better than hers. He doesn't play them and wins zero. She loses.

nolanfan34
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

booya!

[/ QUOTE ]

You look different in that picture as well!

stabn
08-11-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

booya!

[/ QUOTE ]

You look different in that picture as well!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice nolan, nice...

Losing all
08-11-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Glen's tourney results are better than hers. He doesn't play them and wins zero. She loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good strategy Glen. This is how I beat many tour players.

wacki
08-11-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I mean from the tourneys listed she's already made a profite that most Americans would envy. Also, how do we know these are the only tourneys she's played? Daryn's biggest win isn't even on his page. I don't think her fame is a joke. The biggest win on Daryns page about 1/2 of Evelyn Ng's. To say daryn is a crappy player simply isn't true. So I don't see how you can say she's a loser. As for her fame? Well, shes good, and I would certainly like to bang her. I for one am happy to see her on TV. It's genetics, get used to it.

In short, most americans would envy her paycheck. Many americans want her job, and most americans would like to bang her. That makes her newsworthy in my book.

Nice movie here. (http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/tour/name.php/1641)

BTW, my peachy comment was made because peachy is a hater.

Are you really going to tell me you won't hit this? (http://www.dekeblue.com/wp-content/evy3.jpg)

Homer
08-11-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

booya!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe no one sent them the hot tub picture.

Ulysses
08-11-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I mean from the tourneys listed she's already made a profite that most Americans would envy. Also, how do we know these are the only tourneys she's played?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not. That is glen's point.

[ QUOTE ]
In short, most americans would envy her paycheck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea how much she makes from promotions, appearances, endorsements, cash games etc. However, her paycheck from tournament poker is negative, not positive.

wacki
08-11-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something. In every single event listed her prize appears bigger than the buy-in. How can they be negative?

$ 1,500 No Limit Hold'em - $ 4,860

profit = 3,360

$ 1,500 Limit Hold'em Shootout - $ 1,865

profit 365

$ 1,500 No Limit Hold'em - $ 2,865

profit 1365.

I understand this website doesn't list her losses but linking to this website as proof she is a losing player isn't very convincing. Seriously, what am I missing?

Ulysses
08-11-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I must be missing something. In every single event listed her prize appears bigger than the buy-in. How can they be negative?

profit = 3,360

profit 365

profit 1365.

I understand this website doesn't list her losses but linking to this website as proof she is a losing player isn't very convincing. Seriously, what am I missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

wacki, think this one through. Come on, it's not that hard.

Kevmath
08-11-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

razor
08-11-2005, 06:51 PM
This post disappoints me...

wacki
08-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Alright, if you guys are going to be assholes fine. I don't watch TV and I have watched TV in about 6 months. (Even though I do love watching movies) I play ring games and don't even follow the tourney circuit. I don't go into WPT forum ever and I live in the limit forums/archives, OOT, SMP, and politics. That website could be listing all of her wins and not listing her loses but we don't know that. Many of her wins, like daryns, could of been skipped. Not listing daryns biggest win is proof that it doesn't include all of the wins. The website could just be lazy.

Given what I have, I don't see any proof. I'm sure she plays a lot more tourneys but we don't know if the website is merely incomplete. Although I suspect that you are hinting that it is complete, I would never jump to that conclusion with the information I am given. Doing so is just poor practice IMO.

I hope you enjoy being pricks.

Glenn
08-11-2005, 07:08 PM
I can explain what I am getting at. She played the main event, subtract 10k from that. There ya go.

wacki
08-11-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can explain what I am getting at. She played the main event, subtract 10k from that. There ya go.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did Alobar. He didn't pay 10K.

Glenn
08-11-2005, 07:17 PM
She was probably sponsored/backed, so it's irrelevant, but are you saying winning a supersatellite is worthy of continuous TV coverage?

wacki
08-11-2005, 07:24 PM
No, I'm saying that the website you linked to isn't very convincing. It could be incomplete in more ways than one (like it is with daryn). Also, she is hot, and if she is a very good ring game player her fame is deserved regardless of her tournament play.

There is a lot of info we don't have and I'm not going to jump to conclusions and pretend those conclusions are set in stone.

wacki
08-11-2005, 07:32 PM
Although I will admit it seems highly likely she isn't a very good tourney player.

Still, I have no idea of the reliability of that website. If I presented something that incomplete as evidence at work I'd be fired.

Glenn
08-11-2005, 07:37 PM
I am not the OP, we have similar names but there is a subtle difference. Mine is better.

I am a very good ring game player and have a better tourney record than her this year playing barely any live tournies. You want to be in my entourage? Bring on the cameras!

wacki
08-11-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You want to be in my entourage? Bring on the cameras!

[/ QUOTE ]

You better get a boobjob first.

david050173
08-11-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

profit = 3,360

profit 365

profit 1365.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given those numbers, how often must she be in the money to be a break even player? She looks to be pretty close to requiring a 50% itm to be profitable. Of course the sample size listed here is way to small and if she making her money in cash games, maybe not relevant

Alyssa
08-11-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wacki
08-11-2005, 11:21 PM
ugh... just did some google searches.

Couldn't find a win bragging page for her.

Also, it looks like that website does a pretty good job.

You guys are right, she obviously sucks. I hope you guys understand where I was coming from. I'm a very thorough person, I have to think like that when I'm at work. Taking anything for granted will get you in serious trouble.

Clarkmeister
08-11-2005, 11:44 PM
meh. Any poker player's fame is a joke.

Dominic
08-12-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

web page (http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&amp;n=22497)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

she's famous becuase she's a fairly successful, female, attractive poker player. So it has everything to do with this thread. Hating on her because she's more famous than, say, Miami John Cernutto - an obviously better poker player - is silly.

She's famous cause she's kinda hot and she plays poker. End of story.

lighterjobs
08-12-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You guys are right, she obviously sucks. I hope you guys understand where I was coming from. I'm a very thorough person, I have to think like that when I'm at work. Taking anything for granted will get you in serious trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the hendon mob database is the best one on the internet. she plays the stars $100 game regularly, so she has to make some money in the ring games.

Ulysses
08-12-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the hendon mob database is the best one on the internet. she plays the stars $100 game regularly, so she has to make some money in the ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is, just like much of the rest of this thread, some very faulty logic.

Ulysses
08-12-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Taking anything for granted will get you in serious trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you had a bunch of guys who are quite likely intimately familar with the details of the high-limit poker and tournament scene telling you that here's someone who is losing a lot of money at poker, yet you refuse to acknowledge anything they say? Come on wacki, I expect more from you.

Alex/Mugaaz
08-12-2005, 03:23 AM
He has a thing for her, his other head is thinking.

wacki
08-12-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you had a bunch of guys who are quite likely intimately familar with the details of the high-limit poker and tournament scene telling you that here's someone who is losing a lot of money at poker, yet you refuse to acknowledge anything they say? Come on wacki, I expect more from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, I was an idiot. Even though I'm not familiar with the OP's posts, I should of done a search of his previous posts before making the peachy comment. I should also keep my mouth shut on this [censored] because outside of limit ring play I have no [censored] clue as to what I'm talking about. I meant no offense glen, I apologize. I'm on the rag.

As for it being obvious that Evelyn Ng sucks... well I was stuck in "paper publishing" mode because I made this post at work where you have to cover all of your angles. I should of bitch slapped myslef out of that mode and picked up on the blatantly obvious lack of wins. The wins that are there are probably not significant enough to cover your win/loss variance in NL tourney play. That should of also been obvious.

And yes, I want to bang the living crap out of Evelyn Ng.

-drunk wacki

Ulysses
08-12-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, I was an idiot. Even though I'm not familiar with the OP's posts, I should of done a search of his previous posts before making the peachy comment. I should also keep my mouth shut on this [censored] because outside of limit ring play I have no [censored] clue as to what I'm talking about. I meant no offense glen, I apologize. I'm on the rag.

As for it being obvious that Evelyn Ng sucks... well I was stuck in "paper publishing" mode because I made this post at work where you have to cover all of your angles. I should of bitch slapped myslef out of that mode and picked up on the blatantly obvious lack of wins. The wins that are there are probably not significant enough to cover your win/loss variance in NL tourney play. That should of also been obvious.

-drunk wacki

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, sticking up for a chick you wanna bang is VERY honorable. Make it happen, man!

CCx
08-12-2005, 09:01 AM
i'd probably bang her, just so i can spooge on her gigantic forehead

phish
08-12-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-drunk wacki

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you keep writing "I should of..." What the hell is "should of..." It's "should have..." or "should've..."
You Moron!

drewjustdrew
08-12-2005, 11:39 AM
Wow! Tough morning?

djack
08-12-2005, 08:55 PM
apparently most poker players don't actually look at her face long enough to notice the forehead.

PokerBabe(aka)
08-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Today, at the Mirage, I saw a tourist taking a picture with a previous WSOP final table player. I thought that was really strange, since that final table player is not at all "hot". (lol). In fact, he's not even well known. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Evelyn is famous in part because of Daniel's association with her.

Oh yea...., I think Clarkmeister is a better player than Evelyn, and he's just as "hot" IMO.

LGPG

Babe /images/graemlins/wink.gif

stinkypete
08-12-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh yea...., I think Clarkmeister is a better player than Evelyn, and he's just as "hot" IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, clarkmeister is way hotter.