PDA

View Full Version : Firefox plugin issue

CourtesyFlush
08-10-2005, 11:05 PM
Sometimes when I go to websites and I will get a message at the top of the screen that a plugin was required to view content in it's entirety. Usually it's because there is sound on the page. I click on the button that says "Install missing plugins" and it shows me that I need a quicktime plugin. I will click next and it tells me that the quicktime plugin is not available and gives me a button for manual install. Basically this just installs Quicktime on my system, and does not give me the plugin in the browser. How do I fix this? Is there somewhere I can go to specifically get the quicktime plugin for firefox?
Thanks,

CF

Mr Gee
08-11-2005, 05:53 AM
If I remember correctly all you need to do is install Quicktime itself. Firefox will then recognize that it's available and call upon it as needed.

Hope that helps.

Neuge
08-11-2005, 06:09 AM
Start Menu > Control Panel > Quicktime > MIME settings > Click the type of media that is giving you trouble.

EDIT: If you don't see Quicktime in the control panel click the "Switch to Classic View" in the top left corner of the window.

CourtesyFlush
08-11-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I remember correctly all you need to do is install Quicktime itself. Firefox will then recognize that it's available and call upon it as needed.

Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I've been reading, but for some reason Firefox doesn't use it as a plugin. I have reinstalled Quicktime 2-3 times. I may try to reinstall Firefox.