PDA

View Full Version : Heads up, 20+2

djj6835
08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
What range of hands would you put villain on here?
He had been a pretty solid the entire tournament, didnt make any bad plays that I noticed.

***** Hand History for Game 2513995589 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:14729231 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Wednesday, August 10, 22:42:31 EDT 2005
Table Table 14884 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 5: SB ( $3840 )
Seat 8: Hero ( $4160 )
Trny:14729231 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ As Qc ]
SB calls [150].
Hero raises [800].
SB raises [2200].
Hero ??

Shillx
08-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Who cares what his range is? Move all-in the 1st time and take down that T600 that is sitting in the middle. If he wants to put all the money in as an underdog, feel good about it. Don't even give him a chance to catch a pair on the flop, put it in when you know your hand is good.

Brad

Freudian
08-10-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What range of hands would you put villain on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

His range is something I wouldn't mind playing against when all-in preflop. So I push.

djj6835
08-10-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't even give him a chance to catch a pair on the flop, put it in when you know your hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I don't really like open pushing 4000+ chips pre flop when the blinds are only 150/300.

lastchance
08-10-2005, 11:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't even give him a chance to catch a pair on the flop, put it in when you know your hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I don't really like open pushing 4000+ chips pre flop when the blinds are only 150/300.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's 3840 chips, and the blinds are very large at this point in the game.

I'd pick it up early preflop. If it was me being Villain, I'd make the same move with a lot of hands, and AQ would be terribly easy call.

djj6835
08-10-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd pick it up early preflop. If it was me being Villain, I'd make the same move with a lot of hands, and AQ would be terribly easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did call, I'm just curious as to what hands you think your typical solid/relatively tight opponent would play in the manner.

ChuckNorris
08-10-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who cares what his range is? Move all-in the 1st time and take down that T600 that is sitting in the middle. If he wants to put all the money in as an underdog, feel good about it. Don't even give him a chance to catch a pair on the flop, put it in when you know your hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are advantages to raising less than all-in here. You don't want to raise all-in with many weaker hands that you still want to raise preflop with these stacks, so I think it's better to make the standard raise with every hand you raise. Also, raising less gives aggressive villains the chance to go over the top as a bluff which you can instacall. By raising you make villain fold many mediocre/crappy hands that they could call a standard raise with. Do you really think that's a good thing? Why should hero be afraid to see a flop with AQ and position?

djj6835
08-10-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why should hero be afraid to see a flop with AQ and position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was out of position. That was part of the reason I was a little concerned. Villian limped, then I raised, then he reraised for an amount still less than all in. If I was in position and raised and he re raised I would have pushed without a second thought.

ChuckNorris
08-10-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why should hero be afraid to see a flop with AQ and position?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I was out of position. That was part of the reason I was a little concerned. Villian limped, then I raised, then he reraised for an amount still less than all in. If I was in position and raised and he re raised I would have pushed without a second thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

It seems like I was confused by the limp.. Sorry. Still, I don't like pushing after the limp. After the limp-reraise I am always all-in here. Villain doesn't need to have big pockets or AK to be trapping you heads up.