PDA

View Full Version : Frozen vegetables

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 09:55 PM
I am at an extremely lazy point in my life right now and have no desire to get off my ass and go to the store for fresh vegi's....

How do frozen vegetables do in a wok?

I have everything else I need to cook what I want, but only frozen vegetables are currently on-hand. And yes...they are currently frozen.

My initial thought is to either put the vegi's in a bowl of water for a little bit before tossing them into the wok, or to nuke them for a little bit on low heat first.

Either way sounds like a mush-fest, but that's ok for tonight...I'm that lazy.

touchfaith
08-10-2005, 11:29 PM
The correct answer was 'soak them in water'.

They actually came out nice and crunchy and as a result, I may need to re-think my entire fresh vegetable strategy.

Go figure.

poker-penguin
08-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Frozen veggies are usually snap frozen very soon after picking "fresh" vegetables aren't. Result = frozen are definately comparable if not better.

DarkForceRising
08-11-2005, 12:05 AM
I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, Thin, but on a somewhat related topic...

Are juicers worth it? I don't have time to cook and eat vegetables.

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to sidetrack your thread, Thin, but on a somewhat related topic...

Are juicers worth it? I don't have time to cook and eat vegetables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an appliance monger. I have just about everything...

...except a juicer.

But I can't imagine anything that transforms fresh fruits into fresh juice to be a bad thing!

Damn...now I want one.

DarkForceRising
08-11-2005, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I've been meaning to get one for years but, if I am not mistaken, the good ones are pretty expensive. I wonder if low sodium V8 is just as good? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I've been meaning to get one for years but, if I am not mistaken, the good ones are pretty expensive. I wonder if low sodium V8 is just as good? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

According to a thread last week (I think), the natural order of sodium goes...

1 - Salt lick
2 - V8
3 - 'Low sodium' V8
4 - water