PDA

View Full Version : I have been identified as a tight player

08-10-2005, 08:04 PM
I play every now and again with the same group of people. Most are fish, but the one solid player recently gave me the rundown on how he views the other players. He identified me as a tight player. He is probably correct. How can I take advantage of him knowing he thinks of me as a tight player. He is a self professed "Power Player" schooled using the Super System.

lastchance
08-10-2005, 08:04 PM
Bet out. Bluff. Mix it up. Be aggressive, represent more hands against that Villain.

Don't go insane, but make the other guy lay down some hands that are better than yours.

Nottom
08-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Honestly if some "expert" thinks you are tight you are probably too tight. Sure maybe you can grab a pot every now and then because of it, but you probably aren't stealing enough late either.

I'm pretty sure more people would call me a fish than would call me tight.

GrekeHaus
08-10-2005, 09:29 PM
I play in home games with some of my grad student friends from time to time. They're all smart, but don't have a clue about proper poker strategy. Even though some of them have told me that I'm the tightest player they know, they still can't help but pay me off when I have a hand. If this player is good enough to lay down when you're in a pot, then you need to consider bluffing occasionally. Otherwise, don't worry about it and just keep playing your normal game.

Freudian
08-10-2005, 09:47 PM
I have been identified as an idiot, a moron, a [censored] fish and [censored].