PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else really rooting for Bonnie & Clyde?

BreakfastBurrito
08-10-2005, 07:38 PM
So anytime there's one of these fugitive cases in the national media I really find myself rooting the suspects.

Assuming that they don't pose any additional threat to civilians, like the DC Sniper, various child kidnapper/molester/murderes, etc..., in my mind, it's like if they can escape the country or successfully disappear somehow, they've earned their freedom.

I've found that I'm in the minority in this thought process. Anyone else feel this way?

08-10-2005, 07:45 PM
What the...? Did you actually say that? There's still time to take that back I think.

Anyway, their van was found in Erlanger Kentucky (supposedly) so they aren't doing a very quick job of getting out of the country Burrito.

Talk2BigSteve
08-10-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So anytime there's one of these fugitive cases in the national media I really find myself rooting the suspects.

Assuming that they don't pose any additional threat to civilians, like the DC Sniper, various child kidnapper/molester/murderes, etc..., in my mind, it's like if they can escape the country or successfully disappear somehow, they've earned their freedom.

I've found that I'm in the minority in this thought process. Anyone else feel this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope....

"Your fugitive's name is Dr. Richard Kimble. What I want out of everyone of you is a hard-target search, of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area!"

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

08-10-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm rooting for them but I'm sick in the head. I also enjoy stand-offs and hostage situations. He got like 35 years. His life was over. Man if I got 35 years, I'd try to take out as many as possible.

IndieMatty
08-10-2005, 08:35 PM
I hate that they killed a guard. But yes I agree.

youtalkfunny
08-11-2005, 02:41 AM
Yeah, I'm rooting for them....to go down in a hail of bullets.

touchfaith
08-11-2005, 02:48 AM
So let me get this straight.

These people KILLED a guard while escaping and you are rooting for them?

It's not your fault you feel this way, but I do blame your parents.

This isn't the movies people.

HopeydaFish
08-11-2005, 09:47 AM
They were captured this morning. Hopefully this doesn't ruin your day too much.

I'm not sure how you can root for people who murdered someone, especially someone who had a wife and two kids. These kids get to grow up without a father now. Does this make the story more or less exciting for you?

Paluka
08-11-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm rooting for them....to go down in a hail of bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]