PDA

View Full Version : Predict Jason Gore's World Ranking

BadBoyBenny
08-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Currently Gore is 315 in the World Rankings. He has just won 3 consecutive nationwide tour events and will be promoted to the PGA tour for the rest of this year and next year. He keeps his card if he's in the top 125 next year.

Other players who have won the battlefield promotion are Chris Smith, Heath Slocum, Chad Campbell, Tom Carter

So where do you predict he will be

HDPM
08-10-2005, 08:24 PM
Remember his nationwide wins will almost count against him for a while in the world rankings. Players making the jump get hosed because the ranking points stay on and the nationwide events don't earn that many. I really think he might take off, although likely he will just be a good, solid tour player. I really respect what he did after the US Open. he could have gone in the tank, instead, he found a new gear.

pokerdirty
08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Who cares about the rankings? If you aren't in the top 10, it doesn't really matter. The guy has had a hell of a year. He pulled a "tin cup" at the Open (doing great, then blowing it), and then went back to the Nationwide Tour and won something like 3 straight. GL to him, he's showed he can definately can do it.

HDPM
08-10-2005, 11:07 PM
well, since entry into the majors and small field high pay events is now linked to the rankings, my guess is that Gore cares a fair amount. He's not in any majors or small field events yet. The rankings matter now. But I agree, GL to him.

BadBoyBenny
08-11-2005, 07:56 AM
I could have used the money list. I was just looking for where people thought he would end up in relation to the rest of the tour. I thought his world rank would be a good way to indicate that in a poll.

BadBoyBenny
09-19-2005, 07:51 AM
My boy has already jumped to number 88.

HDPM
09-19-2005, 11:49 AM
What he has accomplished this year is amazing. His win yesterday was fantastic. In May he was broke and wondering about his future. Now he has won on tour and is exempt for 2 years. A lot of guys might have let the US Open collapse send them back to oblivion. Instead he has won 4 times since. tremendous accomplishment.

pokerdirty
09-19-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, since entry into the majors and small field high pay events is now linked to the rankings, my guess is that Gore cares a fair amount. He's not in any majors or small field events yet. The rankings matter now. But I agree, GL to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

i mean, as a casual fan, who the [censored] cares?

09-19-2005, 12:30 PM
did anyone see that sportscenter (i think) special they had on him a couple months ago? it was after the u.s. open. in it they portrayed him as sort of a microcosm of the nationwide tour, travelling from tournament to tournament each week with his family, staying in hotels and griding out a living.

he seemed like a down-to-earth and generally likeable guy, and it's great to see what he's accomplished since then.