PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else watching this live war footage?

Clarkmeister
03-23-2003, 03:18 AM
Pretty amazing stuff. British reporter with US marines firing on 2 enemy positions with tanks blowing up a building. Wow.

Clarkmeister
03-23-2003, 03:24 AM
Wow.

Dynasty
03-23-2003, 05:34 AM
I've been watching about 10 hours of Fox News Channel each day since the war started, including the current live coverage of the Umm Qasr seige.

The last time I enjoyed news coverage like this was the 2000 election which I watched until about 4am despite having 3 job interviews the next day.

Mikey
03-23-2003, 05:48 AM
i've been glued to the TV since the war started......can't you tell that my posting frequency has gone down since the war started.

Billy LTL
03-23-2003, 06:26 AM
Live death is great for ratings. I must admit I watched it too though I don't share your sense of drama regarding this incident.

Four hours of watching a treeline, some pylons and the very odd puff of smoke. Not to mention the voiceover of the journo endlessly waffling on about what great danger he was in and how nice the U.S. Marines were to let him tag along.

Clarkmeister
03-23-2003, 12:32 PM
I was amazed at the attitude of the Marines he was with. I would have thought they'd be annoyed he was tagging along. Instead, they seemed to think it was 'cool' that he was there and asking questions as things were progressing. I guess people just like being on TV, LOL.

Jimbo
03-23-2003, 03:16 PM
"I guess people just like being on TV, LOL. "

I suspect the snipers in that building being blow away by the support tanks did not much care for being on TV! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif