PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Thought On The War

jim grass
03-22-2003, 09:40 PM
In all sincerity I do not agree with the action the states has taken..I believe strongly theres better ways to put a stranglehold on Sadam..
As most know canada thought the action was quickly made and too extreme; therefore not joining with the other nations..
We are however involved in the outlying nations in various ways as a supporting system...
The other evening during a hockey broadcast the american anthem was booed by the people of Quebec..This is in no way indicative of our nation.Quebec has always had an arrogant attitude and even towards its own fellow provinces.Tonite (saturday)at the beginning of the toronto hockey game your anthem was applauded even though many of us do not agree with the actions your nation has taken.We do however respect all that the anthem and flag represent.
I wish to apologize for my fellow canucks and am embarrassed of such behaviour exhibited by the quebec province.
I have very close friends in the states and quite frankly I never view us as two separate nations.I`m not alone in this thought in all honesty.
As well I feel many innocent families especially children are the victim of this unnecessary war as evidenced every minute on all the news channels.
I highly recommend that you view a documentary called, 'Bowling For Columbine." Its a masterpiece that will vividly open ones eyes.Its very highly acclaimed.
In closing I am proud to be your neighbour even though we have our differences.

jim

Glenn
03-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Nice post. Except the part about Michael Moore. He is the worst kind of person, IMO. Seriously. He uses sensationalism to cover the fact that he has no arguements. He may be right at times, but he is not right for the right reasons.