PDA

View Full Version : has any one read this (hold em) book

08-10-2005, 01:39 PM
the book is written be Dave Scharf and is badly mistitled "WINNING AT POKER"
This book is very poor it is extremly basic and contains little or no essence whatsoever. 500k HE hands ago i bought this book. id never played HE in my life. about 10 hours of reading this book i felt i might of missed something becouse i felt that i had MASTERED the book, every time i picked it up and read bits,nothing i felt that the problem lied with me and that at somepoint id start to understand things better. This was not the case i then got ed miller SSHE and hilgers book, i found millers book hard to absorb at 1st and read bits slowly and played on-line every night sometimes for 24 hours non stop, i NEVER took a crap without taking that book with me and sometimes id be in that craphouse for like 2 hours lol id guess that iv spent about 400 hours reading that book and hillgers and i still learn something everytime i read them i rate these books highly and it turned out that i was right about scharff because i did master that book in less then 10 hours it teaches u to play like a dumb rock (which is very easy) but this style would struggle to win $ at the 0.5/1 pp games.
also... this book is on all the shelves iv noticed and has a forword by Lou Krieger.. tut tut
any views here?

Altaslim
08-10-2005, 01:44 PM
Try the books/publications forum.