PDA

View Full Version : Sanity check please

45suited
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
I need a sanity check guys. Is there any buy-in level that you could fold here????

Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 6

Seat 2: kodibodi ( $1392 )
Seat 3: rekyl2 ( $2142 )
Seat 4: Antonachu ( $1170 )
Seat 5: kessler7 ( $746 )
Seat 6: HERO ( $1180 )
Seat 9: WAWJr ( $1370 )

Blinds(75/150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Kd Kh ]
kodibodi calls [150].
rekyl2 raises [700].
Antonachu is all-In [1170]
kessler7 folds.
HERO is all-In [1105]
WAWJr folds.
kodibodi calls [1030].
WAWJr: wow
rekyl2 calls [480].

** Dealing Flop ** [ 5s, Ts, 4c ]
kodibodi is all-In [212]
rekyl2 calls [212].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ad ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qs ]
kodibodi shows [ Tc, Ks ] a pair of tens.
rekyl2 shows [ 9s, 9d ] a pair of nines.
Antonachu shows [ Ac, Ah ] three of a kind, aces.
HERO shows [ Kd, Kh ] a pair of kings.

This isn't a whiner post. I have two serious questions:

1) Would the guys at the highest buy-ins even consider folding here?

2) If both Antonachu (the re-raiser) and I both had, say 2500 chips and he pushed in front of you, would anyone be able to fold KK in the face of call, raise, push, in front of you here?

I'm sure that the answer is no, but after running into monsters here for a couple days, I want to see if I should trust my instincts in spots like this. My instincts (probably because of [censored] like this happening for two days) were that he might have aces, but I just cannot ever bring myself to fold KK pre-flop.

When I move up to the higher levels, do I have to make folds in spots like this or would that be impossible there as well? Thanks for your feedback...

skipperbob
08-10-2005, 01:19 PM
I have to go broke w/KK if it's pushed PF....Maybe I don't against an A on the flop....The problem, of course is that
Antonaucho & Kodibodi both make the same move(s) with lotsa hands that you dominate....I play mostly $215's (to the great alarm of most other 2+2'er's)

jedinite
08-10-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't think you can ever get away from this. DS's advice that has stuck with me over time is (paraprhased) you'll lose less money in the long run treating KK like it was AA preflop versus trying to outguess yourself if you think you're up against the aces.

Of course, its the player calling with KT that really hurts - if both kings are live then we'll certainly take losing half a percent in win probability (around 17% to win against aces and any other two non-king hands) for the third caller once you've got the second and its obvious someone's got the aces /images/graemlins/smile.gif